GI 275 EIS upgrade fuel indication issues

Hello all,

For those of you who've upgraded to a GI 275 Engine indication system, have you run into any issues with the fuel indications showing red x's on the instrument? I have the original resistance-type floats, and they worked/indicated just fine on the old gauges before I dove in to this project. I can go into the diagnostics page of the 275 and can see that the GEA24 is reading something, since it shows numbers there, and those numbers change when I stick my hand in the tank and physically move the float. (those numbers are small, though, like .1-.2) I have the system set to 0-5V, as instructed in the STC on page 3-18. I tried it in the resistance setting also, just for the heck of it, but still got red x's. I also measured the resistance at one of the outboard senders and moved it through its travel. Got 1-35ish ohms doing this, which is about right. 

I spliced in to the existing wires, and I got my wiring harnesses for the Garmin setup from Midwest Panel Builders (they built them for me), so I really don't think the wiring harness itself is wrong.  

I feel like my issue isn't my gauges, since they worked before. But I'm confused on why I can see readings in the diagnostics page but still get red x's on the default page.

I'm aware Garmin put an alert out for resistance type floats, but the alert does not have anything to do with zero indications at all.

Anyone run into anything similar? What was your fix? Ceis is 5 weeks out. On top of the extra cost that I don't want, grounding my plane for 5 weeks is not desirable. 

Thanks in advance