What is TKS worth to you?

Rotorhead

1 hour ago, Browncbr1 said:

You must have a special colemill baron.   Fox star colemill 58 barons usually at 25 LOP 8-10k get 178-185ktas and ~13gph per side.    For me to burn only 10gph per side, I’d be going along about 160kts or so.    Is yours a 55 or 58?

i see the video, he’s at 12k with 2200rpm to get that low fuel burn.  

Mine was a 55. Mike (in the videos) was getting similar speeds on fuel flows as to what I got with mine in his B55. Those airplane will do those speeds on that fuel burn.

5 minutes ago, KLRDMD said:

Nope. I live in a (relatively) free state that doesn't tax us until we bleed.

Looks like AZ has an annual tax of .005 of average value of make, model and year. Much better for frequent turnover than WA 8.4% on a purchase (plus $65/tr)

The free state of NJ…

Allows for the trade in….

Selling and buying a like for like plane (value wise) would also net a zero sales tax situation…

Apparently, the sales tax is due on the difference….

Some limitations may apply…. Like the sale of the first plane and buying the next need to be within a year’s time…

PP thoughts only, not a CPA…

Best regards,

-a-