Possible alternative to the SL30 Nav Comm

47U

Trig has received FAA TSO approval on their stack nav comm, TX56A.  It’s the same height as the SL30 (1.3”), advantageous for vintage models with vertically challenged radio stacks.  It comes in 12 and 24 volt configurations, and 8.33 frequency spacing, if desired.

The SL30 has been out of production for how long… 10 years now?  The Trig might be worth considering if you’re upgrading your panel and need a short-height nav comm to save space for that big-screen GPS you’ve been drooling over.

(I have no association with Trig Avionics.)

https://www.trig-avionics.com/product/stack-nav-com/

image.png.d3178e3a46529e22ca897462bfc4cddc.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 47U said:

Trig has received FAA TSO approval on their stack nav comm, TX56A.  It’s the same height as the SL30 (1.3”), advantageous for vintage models with vertically challenged radio stacks.  It comes in 12 and 24 volt configurations, and 8.33 frequency spacing, if desired.

The SL30 has been out of production for how long… 10 years now?  The Trig might be worth considering if you’re upgrading your panel and need a short-height nav comm to save space for that big-screen GPS you’ve been drooling over.

(I have no association with Trig Avionics.)

https://www.trig-avionics.com/product/stack-nav-com/

image.png.d3178e3a46529e22ca897462bfc4cddc.png

Just a petty grievance. Why are no prices shown? To find out if this is a 1 AMU or a 10 AMU radio, I have to search for a vendor near me [ha! Ain't none] and give all of my information to them. All i want is a ballpark price, because no one will quote installation without looking under the panel of the airplane that it is going into. I wouldn't, anyway.

And no, it's not just Trig. It's getting more and more common. I don't buy things that are advertised without prices--not used cars, not houses and not aircraft radios.

Do you want my business? Provide a price up front, all of your customers don't have time to chase you down and haggle just to see what the price is and if it fits into their current plans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank said:

Just a petty grievance. Why are no prices shown?

My oversight… I should have included the price.  You shouldn’t have to track that down.  

Both Aircraft Spruce and Sarasota are in the 4.1 amu range… the 24 volt version is about 4.3 amu…

image.png.e4cb43a9051ee1bfba23d1a303e91234.png

Wish it was a slide in replacement. Seems that if you are going after the form factor, it makes sense ala GNS - IDF or GMA - PMA 450.   I suspect they would sell well if it was so. I have an SL30 and if it goes out,  I’ll go GNC 255B.  But if the Trig was a slide in, I’d take it for the savings in labor and downtime no question.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unit74 said:

Wish it was a slide in replacement. Seems that if you are going after the form factor, it makes sense ala GNS - IDF or GMA - PMA 450.   I suspect they would sell well if it was so. I have an SL30 and if it goes out,  I’ll go GNC 255B.  But if the Trig was a slide in, I’d take it for the savings in labor and downtime no question.

+1 - this is where they missed it. A same-size and slide-in replacement and it'd have been a slam dunk, but only $100 less than the GNC255 and requiring a new harness and install makes it much less attractive. You'd really have to have a space problem to want to go this route.