Plane is ready with new panel

Hello,

After 2x months plus : the plane is ready and flying well,

This is quite impressive, as you can see on pictures,

I have watched 30+ hours videos on u-tube but will still need some additional learning to build up experience,

The 1st test flights are positive, 

Philip

5B5FC24E-65C6-4B13-95F1-9F0F634FCE2E.jpeg

827684F7-F667-4366-B9A6-E9912BCEC243.jpeg

B5E1A941-A1EB-425D-BD98-8D34E80B3BAD.jpeg

007B64AA-EEE9-44E0-84D9-F0351C817076.jpeg

5003186E-0BFB-4818-931F-FA993FC2678D.jpeg

4440268A-F51D-40F3-80CA-38CCC8645A9E.jpeg

• Like 8

On 7/24/2022 at 2:41 PM, kortopates said:

G3X can't interface to ADF? That's a bummer as I imagine they are still in use in Europe unlike here. 

I think that's G500 territory, but other than for standalone approaches, you can always overlay GPS

Hello All,

Thanks for the nice comments,

1. Fuel Gauge : has been replaced (wrong part was installed and failed) now working fine

2. I kept ADF because there is NDB departure at my airport LFMA (To be legal compliant). G3X does not interface to ADF, G500txi does but more expensive.

3. I also kept DME for VOR DME OR ILS approaches (my understanding is needed in Europe)

4. Light panel is for ADF DME and GFC500, in addition i kept the lights to illuminate the full panel

5. Last thing i am installing Jepessen charts IFR / VFR ON G3X will let you know how it works

Philip

I don't think we can legally overlay GPS over here. But prob99 I will ditch my ADF when panel time comes. Will definitely keep DME somehow, either as part of the KNS80 I already have, or as a standalone unit, if I can source one cheaply.

The GI275, G5, Dynon Skyview all will display a bearing pointer, probably the G3X also.  I have entered the NDB as a GPS waypoint and had a bearing pointer to follow it as a practice NDB approach.  Doubt it would be either legal or sensible, but it was good practice and showed a new CFI how it was done back in the old days...or old country.