• 140-159lbs
    • 160-179lbs
    • 180-199lbs
    • 200-219lbs
    • 220-239lbs
    • 240-259lbs
    • 260-299lbs
    • “Gross” weight

Are you the FAA standard adult? Are Mooney pilots stereotypically tall and thin? Or are they just a bunch of gross weight @Marauder flying ballasts? 

Do you need rudder pedal extensions? In a short body!? Did you need to drill additional seat rail holes? Or your head pressed into the low ceiling? Ok spill the beans.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 201er said:

Are you the FAA standard adult? Are Mooney pilots stereotypically tall and thin? Or are they just a bunch of gross weight @Marauder flying ballasts? 

Do you need rudder pedal extensions? In a short body!? Did you need to drill additional seat rail holes? Or your head pressed into the low ceiling? Ok spill the beans.

Ahem. This short-body lady does not wish to disclose her weight. Suffice it to say, I’m, ah,  concentrated, and glad to have 3” rudder pedal extensions in a long-body Mooney. But with my 20S, weight isn’t a problem! 

Edited by Amelia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, midlifeflyer said:

I used to be 5'10. One day I went to my AME. He told me get in one of those things that measure height. I'm facing away from the ruler.

"How tall are you?" he asked. "5-10," I replied . He shook his head sadly. "Not anymore."

When my stepson was a teenager we used to mark our heights, for both of us, on a door jamb like many people do.   As he was getting much, much taller, I was getting shorter.   He passed me and kept going.  I lost about an inch and a half over only a few years.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 9:04 PM, midlifeflyer said:

I used to be 5'10. One day I went to my AME. He told me get in one of those things that measure height. I'm facing away from the ruler.

"How tall are you?" he asked. "5-10," I replied . He shook his head sadly. "Not anymore."

I think I may be 5’10” again, my knees were shot and the wear makes you a little bow legged like an old cowboy, but my new titanium and plastic ones have my legs straight again.

But then there is the spine compression thing going on too.