Power settings

Brandt

So, power is often expressed in percentages, yet Mooney doesn’t publish a percentage chart on power settings.  Am I to assume it’s the simple math e.g. 24 inches is roughly 72% of 33.5 inches and rpm doesn’t matter? Or am I missing something?

46 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

My first question is, Why do you care?

If you are running it at best economy (LOP) you can use the fuel flow to compute %Power.

Call me the curious type.

15 minutes ago, PeteMc said:

Okay... am I missing something...  Or is that the M does not have %Power listed on the Cruise Power Schedule?

The POH does not.

3 hours ago, PeteMc said:

Okay... am I missing something...  Or is that the M does not have %Power listed on the Cruise Power Schedule?

@Brandt has an M20TN (Acclaim) not an M.

%Power is going to be a percentage of the rated horsepower not the Manifold Pressure.

1 hour ago, LANCECASPER said:

@Brandt has an M20TN (Acclaim) not an M.

%Power is going to be a percentage of the rated horsepower not the Manifold Pressure.

Actually an M20V.  But close enough.  My question boiled down to whether MP was a suitable proxy for rated horsepower. At. 33.5 inches and 2500 rpm it should be producing 280 hp.  So can you extrapolate based on other MP settings?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brandt said:

Actually an M20V.  But close enough.  My question boiled down to whether MP was a suitable proxy for rated horsepower. At. 33.5 inches and 2500 rpm it should be producing 280 hp.  So can you extrapolate based on other MP settings?

Oops sorry. Power settings are the same though.

I doubt that it's linear. Example, I doubt that at 16.75 inches that it's 140 hp, meaning 50% power. I think 50% would be a higher setting, but that's a guess.

Power curves can be had by purchasing TCM’s Overhaul manual or Maintenance/Operations manual. Both have the same performance curves.

You may find an older version on the internet as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1