AEROCRUZ FOR MOONEYS

Talked with Duncan Aviation and they say BK will be having a big announcement  at OSH on the Mooney STC

Said that there is lots of work being done on the install kits.

Supposition or just plain guess from what I have heard it will include the short body Mooneys  but don't hold me to that.  

This KOSH or one out in the future….. :)

This should get even more interesting.

Big G has nicely detailed all the differences in installs detail for all the Mooneys….

Fortunately, the AP is under slightly different management than the re-badged other devices…..

Good luck!

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, hammdo said:

So, did the big announcement happen @ OSH?

-Don

I would be surprised if it did.  If it was announced, I think it would have been reported on Mooneyspace.com by someone seconds after the announcement.  Could be wrong though but with so many waiting for it I would think it would have been posted by now.

I went by the BK booth and had a discussion with both the BK rep as well as reps from Mid-Continent and Islip Avionics who were sharing space in the outside BK pavilion.  They told me that the Aerocruz 230 is very much supported and that they have over 1500 installs to date, some in Mooneys apparently.  The Islip avionics rep shared that they just finished another Mooney, etc.  BK was aggressively pushing the Aerocruz 230 and Mid-Continent offered a very discounted equipment price ($7995)...it was interesting - but no big announcements that I was made aware of.

13 hours ago, hammdo said:

So, did the big announcement happen @ OSH?

-Don

It doesn't look like there's anything to wait for - it's been approved for awhile now. Give Duncan a call and order the kit or schedule them to do it. If this is already STC'd no way is BK going to spend any more precious resources - they have a lot of airframes to move on to.

https://www.duncanaviation.aero/news/duncan-aviation-has-stc-to-install-bendixking-aerocruze-100-autopilot-in-mooney-m20s