Adjusting G1000 Default V Speeds?

All,

I've found that that a couple of the default V Speeds in my new G1000 Bravo are a few knots off.  While I can go in the TMR/REF menu to change them each time I fly, they return to the incorrect defaults after each flight.  I've scoured the interwebs and even looked at a G1000 maintenance manual, but I've yet to find a way to change the default speeds.

Has anyone had a similar experience or know a way to "permanently" change the default V Speeds?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

38 minutes ago, Starlifter27 said:

All,

I've found that that a couple of the default V Speeds in my new G1000 Bravo are a few knots off.  While I can go in the TMR/REF menu to change them each time I fly, they return to the incorrect defaults after each flight.  I've scoured the interwebs and even looked at a G1000 maintenance manual, but I've yet to find a way to change the default speeds.

Has anyone had a similar experience or know a way to "permanently" change the default V Speeds?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

While I don't know the answer in this situation for sure, if it's like the G500 TXi whose V speeds can be changed on a per flight basis like you say, the permanent speeds need to be changed by an Avionics shop in the setup menu.

1 hour ago, Starlifter27 said:

All,

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Tom, while the V-speeds (Vx, Vy, gear speed) can be user-adjusted, your "arcs" (green, yellow, red) can only be adjusted by your dealer in Mx mode.

Although not likely related, I'd double-check your SW version.  Version .34 and .37 are for WAAS-capable G1000 systems.  Version .30 is for non-WAAS capable airplanes.  Again, pretty sure this won't be an issue, but I'd just cross-check whether one of these versions matches what your system's capabilities are.

It would also help to know...

• When this behavior started
  • What speeds/values are changing?
  • By how many knots (+ or -) is each one changing?
  • Any work on your panel recently...specifically the G1000 software?

Steve

5 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Tom, while the V-speeds (Vx, Vy, gear speed) can be user-adjusted, your "arcs" (green, yellow, red) can only be adjusted by your dealer in Mx mode.

Although not likely related, I'd double-check your SW version.  Version .34 and .37 are for WAAS-capable G1000 systems.  Version .30 is for non-WAAS capable airplanes.  Again, pretty sure this won't be an issue, but I'd just cross-check whether one of these versions matches what your system's capabilities are.

It would also help to know...

• When this behavior started
  • What speeds/values are changing?
  • By how many knots (+ or -) is each one changing?
  • Any work on your panel recently...specifically the G1000 software?

Steve

Sorry, I should have been more clear about my question.  All the speed arcs are correct and I can change the V speeds each flight (with an * displayed next to the changed speeds), but they reset back to the defaults every time I shut down.  The issue is that Vr and best glide are set for the lightest weights possible, weights I will never see in my airplane due to having FIKI TKS.  As an example, Vr is set to 60kts, which when you look in the POH, is one knot above the rotate speed for a 2700lb aircraft.  The only way I can be at 2700lbs is with just me after a diet, zero bags, a completely empty TKS reservoir, and 10 gallons of gas.  So there is simply no scenario where Vr will ever actually be 60kts.  I'd just like it to be set to 66kts and not have to change it every flight.  Same deal with best glide.

I can find in the Garmin maintenance manual how to enter maintenance mode to change things like the master squelch, Mode S codes, etc.  Just nothing on the default V speeds.  I was hoping someone might know the cheat code with the wealth of knowledge here.  It's certainly a first world problem, but it triggers my OCD every time I make the extra button pushes and knob twists to change them.

Tom

• Like 1

Tom,

According to the 190-00907-00, G1000 System Maintenance Manual, Page 5-109 you can see what values of airspeed parameters are specified for your aircraft:
- GLIDE
- Vfe
- Vne
- Vr
- Vs1
- Vx
- Vy

Screenshot from MM is attached as example of this page (Cessna T206H aircraft configuration is shown).

In Config Mode on PFD, use the large FMS knob to navigate to the GDU page group, use the small FMS knob to navigate to Airframe Configuration Page.

MM says "The data on this page is protected and cannot be changed."

G1000 Airframe Configuration page.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AVDB said:

Tom,

According to the 190-00907-00, G1000 System Maintenance Manual, Page 5-109 you can see what values of airspeed parameters are specified for your aircraft:
- GLIDE
- Vfe
- Vne
- Vr
- Vs1
- Vx
- Vy

Screenshot from MM is attached as example of this page (Cessna T206H aircraft configuration is shown).

In Config Mode on PFD, use the large FMS knob to navigate to the GDU page group, use the small FMS knob to navigate to Airframe Configuration Page.

G1000 Airframe Configuration page.jpg

Good find, I missed it on my search through the maintenance manual I found.

That's a bummer, I was hoping to not have to adjust the V speeds each flight, but I guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks for finding the answer!

2 hours ago, AVDB said:

Tom,

- GLIDE
- Vfe
- Vne
- Vr
- Vs1
- Vx
- Vy

But what about the Installation Manual?  I'll still bet it can be changed with an installer card, not just in maintenance mode.