Airplane Detailing

I really clean mine once a year.  I like Aerocosmetics Belly Soap.  I then apply Jescar Powerlock which after years of being a Collonite guy I shifted to.  

I have been lazy on polishing my MGB due to body/paint work.  2yrs in it still beads with Jescar and it sits outside more often then not.  

My airplane looks 10/10 from 20’ :-)

• Like 2

I use Aerocosmetics Wash n Wax. Regular [blue] for all painted surfaces, degreaser [red] for the belly. Windows are special, they get Plexxus. But now I see that Aerocosmetics has a pink bottle for Aero Plexwax, may have to give it a try, $10 a pint is cheaper.

I figure the surface area of my Mooney is about 3.5 cars, so I never do it all at once. I spruce up the wings from the spar forward, and the cowling, more often than the rest, as they contribute much more to lift and speed, and clean the windows as needed for good visibility.

• Like 3

I would add and I see this a lot.  Do not pressure wash your plane.  It isn’t a car and the water is will push its way into places it shouldn’t.  

I foam cannon mine 99.9%  because it is cool but low pressure to rinse with. 

I would also add a lot of the confusion around cleaning planes is really related to paint quality.  If you have dead single stage paint with no thickness left,  nothing is getting the stains out.  If you have new paint with a gloss coat anything will make it clean.