AGL Annual PIREP

On 7/16/2022 at 7:43 AM, AGL Aviation said:

Man, news travels FAST!!!! We just made a public announcement yesterday. Yes, Lynn is joining Maxwell/Gmaxx. Perhaps I (Tamara) will as well, I’m not completely sure yet. We tried to find someone to take over AGL so the transition would be as smooth as possible with no luck. Bottom line, it will be better for our family in the long run. We’re in the process of purchasing a home in Kilgore not far from KGGG. Lynn will be in Texas to start Aug 3. The kids, animals, and myself will be moving the weekend of the 12th (at least that’s the plan if the home closings stay as they are). It was quite a difficult decision and now that the difficult part has been done, we’re starting to really look forward to this opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We traveled from the Florida panhandle to AGL for our annual, Looks like we will be heading to Longview now. Not a bad trip, daughter lives in Houston. We’ll see you next May. Best of luck on this new adventure.

• Like 2

Looks like I am late to the party too because I scheduled my first visit to AGL the week of August 22nd for drop off. Oh well I can’t fault anyone for chasing a dream or bettering themselves. Good luck with the move and the new job !

As a new Mooney owner in Texas I had never heard of AGL, but from everything I have heard on this forum they are wonderful folks. I am sorry you east coast Mooney owners are losing them, but I am pretty pleased that they are joining forces with Don Maxwell and company, another stellar group of folks here in Texas. It has to be encouraging to everyone that AGL is still in the Mooney service family and didn’t abandon the field altogether. Of course we Texas folks are delighted that Don Maxwell has even further strengthened his hand!

I offer my warmest welcome to this family!

Torrey

6 hours ago, M20Doc said:

It’s too bad that the shops who gather all the praise here, seldom contribute to the members of this site.

Clarence

Find out how long they spend on the phone and you'll see why.

I sit in Maxwell's office once or twice a year and trying to work in a conversation between phone calls is quite a challenge.  They're often giving free advice by those means.  Don is very active on the Mooney Pilots Facebook group though.

• Like 3

Amen to that, Parker!

I've had the same experience, sitting in Don's office many times.

"Contribute" --- ain't that like charity. Note that us Mooney folk aren't know as "big spenders".

Stay working on the planes, mechanics, not holding hands with freeloaders :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

There must be something extra good at KGGG…

1) Don has grown an aviation family….

2) Maxwell Aviation has always been a top notch place to take a Mooney for service…

3) Then it got paired with the best sales organization for Mooneys…. And became GMax….

4) The very strong GMax just got even stronger… by adding the key people of AGL…

+1 for how busy Mr. Maxwell can be with phone in customers… 

One of my favorite phone calls was discussing the results of a pre-purchase inspection of my M20R a decade ago… via phone. :)

That wasn’t a short conversation…

Best regards,

-a-

It’s too bad that the shops who gather all the praise here, seldom contribute to the members of this site.
Clarence

We do everything we can to contribute as much as we can. As it stands, we’re cranking out right at 100 annuals a year (mostly Mooneys) with our 2-3 man team… no count on the general maintenance, repair work, engine removals/reinstallations, JPI installations, etc… that doesn’t leave very much time to consistently be on social media platforms. Again, we give to that as much as we can.
I would think that our hundreds of customers are more pleased that we are efficiently ‘turning wrenches’ on their birds (giving them the most thorough work we can) rather than being online.

• Like 5

I wanted to share something exciting with you guys! AGL is being acquired by Aero Professionals - these are very knowledgeable mechanics and can offer you guys more services than we were able to. We know them personally and know their work. Give these guys a call and schedule your maintenance. The press release is attached!

APS_PressRelease_01.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AGL Aviation said:

We do everything we can to contribute as much as we can. As it stands, we’re cranking out right at 100 annuals a year (mostly Mooneys) with our 2-3 man team… no count on the general maintenance, repair work, engine removals/reinstallations, JPI installations, etc… that doesn’t leave very much time to consistently be on social media platforms. Again, we give to that as much as we can.
I would think that our hundreds of customers are more pleased that we are efficiently ‘turning wrenches’ on their birds (giving them the most thorough work we can) rather than being online.

My shop like yours is very busy(120 plus clients), I still find time to contribute to a group because I can and enjoy helping.

Clarence