AGL Annual PIREP

Just wanted to do a quick, public shout out to AGL and thank Lynn and the crew there for taking such good care of my Ranger and me during its recent annual. Those folks did an extensive maintenance check and found a surprisingly large number of items that had been missed in a distressingly large number of past annuals. This was the Ranger’s first annual at AGL although they had seen the airplane once a couple years before on a rigging issue. My airplane actually flew noticeably better on the return flight from this last visit. I’m already on the schedule there for next year.

And Tamara went way out of her way to make sure I was both dropped off and later picked back up from CLT exactly when I needed even though it meant making that drive well after normal business hours. And in regards to that and trying to save them some hassle, any folks from the OH or right close by area that would be interested in trading ferry rides when taking their airplane to them, feel free to give me a shout. It’s an easy non stop flight and the area around Foothills, NC is beautiful.

• Like 4

Man, news travels FAST!!!! We just made a public announcement yesterday. Yes, Lynn is joining Maxwell/Gmaxx. Perhaps I (Tamara) will as well, I’m not completely sure yet. We tried to find someone to take over AGL so the transition would be as smooth as possible with no luck. Bottom line, it will be better for our family in the long run. We’re in the process of purchasing a home in Kilgore not far from KGGG. Lynn will be in Texas to start Aug 3. The kids, animals, and myself will be moving the weekend of the 12th (at least that’s the plan if the home closings stay as they are). It was quite a difficult decision and now that the difficult part has been done, we’re starting to really look forward to this opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Man, news travels FAST!!!! We just made a public announcement yesterday. Yes, Lynn is joining Maxwell/Gmaxx. Perhaps I (Tamara) will as well, I’m not completely sure yet. We tried to find someone to take over AGL so the transition would be as smooth as possible with no luck. Bottom line, it will be better for our family in the long run. We’re in the process of purchasing a home in Kilgore not far from KGGG. Lynn will be in Texas to start Aug 3. The kids, animals, and myself will be moving the weekend of the 12th (at least that’s the plan if the home closings stay as they are). It was quite a difficult decision and now that the difficult part has been done, we’re starting to really look forward to this opportunity.

Sorry to hear this. I was planning on using AGL for my next annual. Flying to Texas is a bit far for an annual. Good luck with the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, AGL Aviation said:

Good luck to you and your family!

• Like 1

Sign of the Times.  A&Ps are not growing. They are consolidating and shrinking.  And  one less MSC.  Flying cross country for an annual is nuts in my opinion.  The additional time, cost, reduced opportunity to be involved (some may desire that ) and no chance for minor adjustments. 

Sign of the Times.  A&Ps are not growing. They are consolidating and shrinking.  And  one less MSC.  Flying cross country for an annual is nuts in my opinion.  The additional time, cost, reduced opportunity to be involved (some may desire that ) and no chance for minor adjustments. 

You’re right, A&P’s are not growing. There’s an even larger shortage of IA’s. We’ve had many customers fly from several states away for their annual - it makes it simpler to combine it with another event if possible. As for minor adjustments, it does make it a lot more difficult. If items are corrected correctly during annual by someone knowledgeable, the need for those minor adjustments decreases quite a bit. I would suggest keeping thorough notes to address during annual.

9 hours ago, AGL Aviation said:

Tamara, Next time im that way, Old country tavern on me! Keep Lynn away from Don's goats :)

• Like 2

My annual is August at GGG maybe Lynn can help out, shame for those in the Carolina’s  

not a bad ride Mooney style to NE Texas, I plan my vacations in the area. Good luck to Lynn you won’t regret, there great folks in Longview. 

My annual is August at GGG maybe Lynn can help out, shame for those in the Carolina’s  
not a bad ride Mooney style to NE Texas, I plan my vacations in the area. Good luck to Lynn you won’t regret, there great folks in Longview. 

Yes there is. We went down to MooneyMax and spent some time exploring the area. I don’t think there wasn’t anything we didn’t like except for the fact that there are no towering and rolling mountains, but rolling hills will suffice The average people were very different than where we are now. We were pretty impressed and really looking forward to this move.