New Mooney Owner

Pinecone

I wanted to introduce myself.  Hi, I am Terry.  I have been somewhat active here, but not a Mooney owner.

But just closed yesterday on a new to me Mooney 252.   It has been upgraded to Encore specs and has long range tanks.  Aspen, 650, GTX345, G5.

Only problem is, I have a bunch of work travel, so can't pick it up from the pre-buy until late August.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Way to go Terry!

Encore, Ovation, Bravo, Acclaim….

The audience seems to be selecting all of the right things….

Go Standing O!

:)

August is almost here…

Do you have all of your Transition Training and insurance lined up?

With interest rates rising… we’ll probably start discussions on financing again….

Best regards,

-a-

Insurance is in place.  I needed that to close the financing.

I am talking to a couple of TX based Mooney instructors from the listing on Mooney Flyers site.

Thanks, I did a lot of thinking before deciding. And THANKS to Byron of FLYRPM here on Mooney Space for a lot of couching and consulting.

I really did consider a J to start, but I know myself, I WILL end up with the best of the line.  So why not just start there?  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pinecone said:

Insurance is in place.  I needed that to close the financing.

I am talking to a couple of TX based Mooney instructors from the listing on Mooney Flyers site.

Thanks, I did a lot of thinking before deciding. And THANKS to Byron of FLYRPM here on Mooney Space for a lot of couching and consulting.

I really did consider a J to start, but I know myself, I WILL end up with the best of the line.  So why not just start there?  

See if you can update some details in your avatar…. Location and plane are always helpful to know… a pic helps everyone’s memory…

TX has a few good instructors… Bob Cabe worked with me on my Long Body transition a decade ago…

For Bravo specific Transition Training… I would love to have Don Kaye’s signature in my log book…. Don is in the Bay Area…. :)
Don’s Forever-plane is a Bravo…. And he has had it for ever….

Keep in mind the Bravo is awfully nice… but the Acclaim with the spare door and pair of snails…. Is really best of the line….   :)

Its OK to level off in the middle…. No need to rush to the top….

Nice pirep for Byron FlyRPM… thanks for sharing it….

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

See if you can update some details in your avatar…. Location and plane are always helpful to know… a pic helps everyone’s memory…
TX has a few good instructors… Bob Cabe worked with me on my Long Body transition a decade ago…
For Bravo specific Transition Training… I would love to have Don Kaye’s signature in my log book…. Don is in the Bay Area…. 
Don’s Forever-plane is a Bravo…. And he has had it for ever….
Keep in mind the Bravo is awfully nice… but the Acclaim with the spare door and pair of snails…. Is really best of the line….   
Its OK to level off in the middle…. No need to rush to the top….
Nice pirep for Byron FlyRPM… thanks for sharing it….
Best regards,
-a-

+1 for Bob Cabe. Really enjoyed the transition training with him.

Congrats on the new plane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/10/2022 at 6:24 AM, Pinecone said:

I didn’t realize that Byron offered more than maintenance. Hopefully the couch was comfortable.

93E38C1D-88C2-43F0-9653-34F337E54BC5.jpeg

22 hours ago, shawnd said:

Welcome aboard Pinecone and welcome to the 252 family. Good call on getting an encore!

Congratulations!  I fly out of KEZF Fredericksburg, VA.  Where are you planning to keep yours and were you lucky enough to get a hangar?

On 7/13/2022 at 6:53 PM, Pinecone said:

I updated my Profile.

I am in NE Maryland, 0W3 (Harford County).

And yes, I do have a hangar arranged.  For a while I will be subletting, but should have a permanent assignment by next spring.

Congrats - I did my primary training at 0W3 and live just a couple miles from 58M. I’m sort of window shopping now, would love to check your new ride out when you get it!