Sold

M016576

What a great looking Missile! Kudos to you Jon. I have convinced myself that my next Mooney will be a Missile or Ovation. This one checks all the boxes, timing isn’t right for me at this time. If the world still exists in 3 years, I’lll be the first one in line when the new owner decides to upgrade. 
Speaking of upgrading,  is there a new winged beauty on the horizon for you @M016576?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thundermustard said:

What is the realistic ceiling of this aircraft with a full load? Not what the manual says. :)

You could probably get it to 22,000ft if you took the time and youre heavy. M20s service ceiling was 20,000ft witth 244hp at 3200lbs. 

10 hours ago, thundermustard said:

What is the realistic ceiling of this aircraft with a full load? Not what the manual says. :)

I've taken it up to FL190.. the climb from 16-19 takes a while though.  It had room to keep going under IFR standards.

NA IO550s get to the lower FLs… often.

Not bad for being TN free… :)

Read up on all things Rocket Engineering…

Their engineering is incredible… their documents reflect reality…

Of course… I checked before and after specs before going with the 310hp STC that is the basis of O3 power… 

Flying this bird as well as Jon does…. May take extra years of training…. :)

Go Rocket engineering!

-a-

• Thanks 1

• M016576 changed the title to Under Contract: 1982 Mooney M20J Missile with TKS
  • M016576 changed the title to Sold: 1982 Mooney M20J Missile with TKS
8 hours ago, M016576 said:

Today, N301TV departed to a new home.  I’m happy to report the new owner is an excellent and dedicated pilot (based on our 10 or so hours of transition training, a BFR and IPC); which makes parting with her a bit easier for me (knowing she’s going to a good home)!  It is my sincere hope that she treats the new owner as well as she treated me, and my family; and that many new, beautiful memories are created as she provides safe passage for another family on many adventures!

Ah well both congratulations and condolences Job.  

I hope you will stick around.  Once a Mooney pilot, always a Mooney pilot!  And certainly you have a very unique perspective on aviating with your career credentials that would benefit us all.

Erik

• Thanks 1

• M016576 changed the title to Sold