O2d2 System

4 hours ago, alexz said:

Don, what do you use on Bravos for flying under 18000?

I use the Aerox Oxysaver Cannulas.  I like to see a minimum of 96% on the O2 saturation and will adjust the flow until that value is reached.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought the system and the EZ Breathe cannula that attaches to the headset. But the Bose A20 doesn’t seem to offer a flat enough spot to adhere as well as other headsets. Anyone come up with a solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use a regular nasal cannula and stick the blue tubing on the end. I didn’t like the EZ breathe one as I could never get it adjusted so it was comfortable.

A glue gun might work, though.

At $0.52 each, it’s pretty cheap to just use the cannula and throw it away after a little while. I like to set it to go on at 5000’ so sometimes my passengers get jealous and I offer them a cannula as well. You can also buy extra blue tubing if you don’t want to re-use it.

https://www.boundtree.com/nasal-cannulas/c/32

3 hours ago, ilovecornfields said:

I just use a regular nasal cannula and stick the blue tubing on the end. I didn’t like the EZ breathe one as I could never get it adjusted so it was comfortable.

A glue gun might work, though.

At $0.52 each, it’s pretty cheap to just use the cannula and throw it away after a little while. I like to set it to go on at 5000’ so sometimes my passengers get jealous and I offer them a cannula as well. You can also buy extra blue tubing if you don’t want to re-use it.

https://www.boundtree.com/nasal-cannulas/c/32

Thanks.  Yeah Im not sure if I will like it or not so no glue yet.  Ill order some cannulas as well just in case.

I really like the EZ Breath that attaches to the headset. It is much more comfortable on long trips than the regular over-the-ear cannulas. The foam tape provided on the mount didn't last that long in the heat. I used some JB weld and it is solid.

As far as the regulators, I have a built-in oxygen system. That is 2 regulators at the tank, a high pressure regulator followed by the altitude compensating regulator. I bought the  EDS-ILR Regulator from Mountain High. It goes between the altitude compensating regulator and the O2D2. The in-line regulator can handle whatever the altitude compensating regulator is putting out. It has worked well for me.

• Like 2