Oshkosh Master Get Together Thread

Becca

Excuse the hubris, I've seen a few posts about Oshkosh plans, but nothing about a get together (and have heard sadly it will be another pizza-party-free year.. but correct me if I am wrong), I would still like to visit with our MooneySpace friends at Osh!  I assume @jetdriven would like the same, but he is not much of a planner.

So I wanted to start this thread for the following purposes:

1.  Anyone want to plan a dinner at Friar Tucks one night?  Perhaps Monday or Tuesday?  Say so here, and I will try to collect people together!

2.  When you arrive, you can reply to this thread and post where you are parked.  We will do the same.  We will have a MooneySpace supply worth of Spotted Cow beer for anyone who stops by!  Our current plan (weather luck permitting) is to be at Osh on Saturday through Thursday (camped in the N40 if N40 luck permitting.)

Becca

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

I got Friday-Saturday-Sunday off from work. I'm trying to decide if I can afford to fly the Mooney up there or just non-rev for free and find a place to crash.

We've never tried non-revving, but I've heard it can be pretty difficult even to get a jumpseat because, you know, its Oshkosh and the pilots are getting there like moths to a flame.  Fly the Mooney :) 

On 7/4/2022 at 1:38 PM, KLudwick said:

See you there!  FYI, Garmin is hosting a Mooney specific upgrade forum at the Garmin tent during Oshkosh.  Saturday at 10am in Garmin Seminar Tent 1.  More details here: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/airventure2022/schedule/saturday/  

Hope to see many of you there!

What is a mooney specific  upgrade seminar? 

6 hours ago, geoffb said:

My engine seems to like to eat cylinders in late June, so for the second year in a row I won't be attending.

Send the cylinder to Poplar Grove to get reworked and you can still make it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jetdriven said:

What is a mooney specific  upgrade seminar? 

It is described on the EAA Airventure website as "The Best Avionics Upgrades for your Mooney.... Hear what Garmin is doing to create the best avionics options for your Mooney, and listen to what other experts love about the platforms."

16 hours ago, jetdriven said:

Send the cylinder to Poplar Grove to get reworked and you can still make it. 

everybody is backed up, but.....Airpower had 53 in stock, so new is the plan.  I need to get my cores in queue for rebuild.  I'm loving TSIO-360 life.

• 3 weeks later...

Reopening this thread!!

We are parked midway through row 524 in the N40 (N201EQ). Stop by for a visit!

send me a PM if you’re interested in grabbing dinner together with other MS’ers.  Include your phone number so I can text you. I am thinking early Monday or Tuesday evening at Friar Tucks!