Odd looking exhaust, not sure if correct part

Hey everyone,

Purchased my E after finding it for sale here on MS a few months ago. I've been absolutely loving it and have been learning its individual quirks after flying it home from CA to MO, then around the local area.

My local mechanic recently pointed out to me that he doesn't think my exhaust is the correct part. Admittedly he doesn't have a ton of Mooney experience but he's somewhat familiar. You can see that it doesn't quite fit the cowl flap opening right, and when the cowl flaps are in the fully closed position they rest on the pipe - they won't actually even come close to closing flush.

Anyone else with a vintage bird have this or is my mechanic right and I have the wrong part? I can't recall seeing anythings in the logs about a new exhaust at any point, but I will go back through them again tonight.

Thanks for any advice!

PXL_20220626_201846109.jpg

9 hours ago, Mortarion42 said:

Thanks for the responses!

@M20Doc do you have any specific feedback besides "needs adjustment"? That way I can go back to my mechanic and have some idea of what I should tell him.

- Andrew 

There are no tricks to it, other than rotate/ reposition it until it exits and doesn’t rub on the cowl flap.

Clarence