Kerrville crash, two lost..

57 minutes ago, Yetti said:

I remember this accident well. There were many off ramps from that disaster that the pilot passed on in favor of complete commitment to landing at his destination. That begs the question though, how does an accident caused weather complacency, fuel reserve complacency, and exhaustion relate to an accident that occurred on short VFR flight? Perhaps I’ve missed something?

2 hours ago, Shadrach said:

I remember this accident well. There were many off ramps from that disaster that the pilot passed on in favor of complete commitment to landing at his destination. That begs the question though, how does an accident caused weather complacency, fuel reserve complacency, and exhaustion relate to an accident that occurred on short VFR flight? Perhaps I’ve missed something?

The article covered alot of ground.   Some of the ground it covered was how to investigate an accident.   Let me create a summary.   In the Navy they create a list of all possible reasons why the accident could have occurred.  Then they work through each of the items on the list and rule it in or out.   That way when someone comes along and goes "Hey what about aliens?"  The report can be cited for the section on aliens and because aliens can't fly IFR (really how many clouds are there in space) aliens can be said to not be a cause.  

Edited by Yetti

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2022 at 9:14 AM, chriscalandro said:

Except nobody has any information about what happened and conflicting reports on who did the work. So that isn’t a problem here. 

Someone always has information. Like the fact I had my Mooney at dugosh getting my annual done last year at wouldn’t you know September! Wow fancy that same time this airplane was there.  When I saw the posted picture I thought it looked familiar and now I remember. IIRC there was a new windshield waiting next to the airplane to be installed and I was asking how much that costs as I have a few chips in mine. Now let’s see if I can dig up one of my pictures of my plane there as I think I might have gotten this plane captured in the background to finally put this issue to rest. 

Well of all the dumb luck. I took a picture of the windshield packaging as i wanted their contact number but didn’t take a picture of the plane! Oh well. I saw it there with my own eyes. Sorry I didn’t capture proof on my camera. Someone here on mooney space was also down there and took a picture of the planes including mine and asked if that was my plane down there. Not quite sure how to look up history photos on mooney space. Humm.

C04E6266-31AA-4BB7-8C88-DAA6A0ADB436.jpeg