Fly In's and Events

14 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Gary,

Near the top of your screen…

There is a button that is called clubs…

Some people have generated a club to broadcast their schedule…

Congrats on the 310hp acquisition great engine to fly behind!

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks for the help and good wishes.

1 hour ago, GaryP1007 said:

New owner of a Ovation 310 living in the Phoenix area.  Are there events listed somewhere on this board relative to fly in's or other meet and greet Mooney specific events?

Thanks.

If you're on Facebook there's also a "West Coast Mooney Club Group" where people occasionally organize stuff in the area, e.g., to Sedona or Lake Havasu or Catalina, etc.   There's a lot of overlap with many of the same people there and here.

I would be glad to host at Oxnard OXR in my hanger either of the next two week ends like Sunday July 3 or 10. New rebuilt runway last year, both FBOs have crew cars, there are two ocean harbors 10 minutes away with many restaurants on harbors.

Any interest? I'm there most days.

The challenge this time of year is the marine layer which usually clears out before noon. There are great precision approaches but the marine layer dampens the fun at beach if it stays all day. Today was a beautiful day.

Tom

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 5:16 PM, Tommooney said:

I would be glad to host at Oxnard OXR in my hanger either of the next two week ends like Sunday July 3 or 10. New rebuilt runway last year, both FBOs have crew cars, there are two ocean harbors 10 minutes away with many restaurants on harbors.

Any interest? I'm there most days.

The challenge this time of year is the marine layer which usually clears out before noon. There are great precision approaches but the marine layer dampens the fun at beach if it stays all day. Today was a beautiful day.

Tom

@Tommooney

I'm up for Sunday, July3.

Anyone else?

33 minutes ago, Tommooney said:

It looks like clear wx Sun July 3. I'll be there Mike if you and anyone else show up. Park at OXR Jet Ctr FBO, they'll take good care of you and my hanger is facing them. No fees here.

Tom

@Tommooney

Sounds good!  What time works for you?

1 minute ago, Tommooney said:

The restaurants at the two harbors are best for lunch. Anytime 10 to 2. I'll just be at my hanger anytime you get there. The gas boys all know where.

We'll shoot for 10 am.

On 6/28/2022 at 4:47 PM, drifter001 said:

Anyone around or near KMSO?

We are a little West of you in the Seattle area.  Beautiful area at Missoula.  Won't be in the area for a little while but will keep you in mind any time I'm heading through. 

6 hours ago, BobbyH said:

We are a little West of you in the Seattle area.  Beautiful area at Missoula.  Won't be in the area for a little while but will keep you in mind any time I'm heading through. 

The wife and I both have family there. Planning a quick hope over in a couple of weeks as long as it’s VFR 

• Like 1

It should be a beautiful day in Oxnard OXR tomorrow if anyone else wants to drop in for lunch and a $100 fish taco. I'll be next to OXR jet center FBO in an open hanger 10-3:00 if you walk around cant miss it.
Tom

Glad you got Mike to join, but you’ll get a bigger turnout if you pick a field with a restaurant on it like nearby Carmarillo or Santa Paula; although the former is most every bodies favorite in SOCAL.
Have fun tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kortopates said:

Glad you got Mike to join, but you’ll get a bigger turnout if you pick a field with a restaurant on it like nearby Carmarillo or Santa Paula; although the former is most every bodies favorite in SOCAL.
Have fun tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be fun!  You should fly on up, Paul.

Today was beautiful in Oxnard.  My wife and I arrived about 10:15 and Tom was right there to greet us.  He has a gorgeous Ovation that I drooled over for a bit before he graciously drove us to the harbor where we had brunch/lunch and strolled around for a bit.

You guys missed out!

• Like 2

Today I flew into Tehachapi at the recommendation of MikeOH. Short walk 10 min, Red barn was closed until July 16 but next door steak and eggs were $12 and delicious. Thanks for the tip.

Tomorrow I'm flying to lunch at Kern Valley L05. I'll see if I can walk on river raft. 

I sure wish there was a Mooney group lunch week end fly in SoCal....

Tom

3 minutes ago, Tommooney said:

I sure wish there was a Mooney group lunch week end fly in SoCal....

Tom

Hmmmmmm…..

I have seen bigger turn outs with less organization….

It all starts with “I wish….”

Then it grows from there…..

:)

Some people are new to organizing things…

Some people haven’t done this in a long time…

Try it….

Don’t be surprised when you meet a lot of strangers, you already know….?

Mooney fly-ins are amazing…

:)

Best regards,

-a-