garmin GTN XI install manual

I took delivery of my plane fro the avionics shop last week.  i have a GTN 750 XI connected to dual G3X units.  Everyhting is working so far as far as i can tell, but.... I can not change frequencies on the g3x and have it change the 750.  Ive confimed in the g3x manual this is supossed to happen, but it doesnt.  sometimes it allows me to type the freq on the g3x, but the request appears to time out and never changes on the GTN.  Most of the time i am not able to even input the freq on the g3x.  SO, i want to run the the settings on both units again.  Can someone share the current GTN install manual?

TIA

Well, actually Garmin makes most installation manuals only available to its dealers. Assuming that everything is wired correctly, the com radio configuration in the G3X is probably set incorrectly. You can enter configuration mode by holding down the GDU MENU key while powering it up until the Configuration Mode screen appears and then opening the Com Radio page. If it's not set correctly, Garmin wants you to have the dealer correct it.

32 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Well, actually Garmin makes most installation manuals only available to its dealers. Assuming that everything is wired correctly, the com radio configuration in the G3X is probably set incorrectly. You can enter configuration mode by holding down the GDU MENU key while powering it up until the Configuration Mode screen appears and then opening the Com Radio page. If it's not set correctly, Garmin wants you to have the dealer correct it.

that mode show the active come freq.  all looks fine.  Ive been through the setup on both, and the g3x matches the IM.  I wont be going back to my dealer if i can avoid it.  It is a 500 mi flight.  If i cant verify some 232 settings on my own, i probably should hang it up, lol.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bmcconnaha said:

the actual IM

Installation Manual is probably something only authorized installers are allowed to have.  And they'd probably loose their right to sell and do factory maintenance if they're caught releasing it. 

But the Maintenance Manual is there and I believe it shows most if not all of the setups.

https://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01007-c1_02.pdf

Edited by PeteMc
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PT20J said:

I looked at the data map my installer made and it shows the following

GTN RS-232 #1  [MAPMUX] to GDU RS-232 #1 [MAPMUX]

GTN RS-232 #2 [Connext Format 2] to GDU RS-232 #2 [GTN Connext 2]

Skip

Thanks Skip, mine appears to be configured the same.  something must be wrong with my connext data stream.  Does your GTN list either GDU as an LRU?  I noticed in the LRU tab on the GTN mine were listed as GDU620, both had a red X.  

11 minutes ago, bmcconnaha said:

Thanks Skip, mine appears to be configured the same.  something must be wrong with my connext data stream.  Does your GTN list either GDU as an LRU?  I noticed in the LRU tab on the GTN mine were listed as GDU620, both had a red X.  

I’ll try to remember to look next time I’m at the hangar. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There should be two lines of communication.  Here are the descriptions of the formats.  The MapMX should be sending the tuning information:

image.png.07ea927b58b4800c1d49cab7e89c67c4.png

image.png.ed9acd5d8c398016e30031d0d0bfab22.png

Also make sure in the device list on the G3X it shows that the GTN is present.

image.png.6146c9974cef8d597844f9537f9b8b59.png

On 6/4/2022 at 9:41 PM, bmcconnaha said:

I took delivery of my plane fro the avionics shop last week.  i have a GTN 750 XI connected to dual G3X units.  Everyhting is working so far as far as i can tell, but.... I can not change frequencies on the g3x and have it change the 750.  Ive confimed in the g3x manual this is supossed to happen, but it doesnt.  sometimes it allows me to type the freq on the g3x, but the request appears to time out and never changes on the GTN.  Most of the time i am not able to even input the freq on the g3x.  SO, i want to run the the settings on both units again.  Can someone share the current GTN install manual?

TIA

Please see attached GTN Xi Series TSO Installation Manual, 190-02327-02

Please note: it is not current rev.
GrmnGTN750Xi_tso_190-02327-02_04.pdf

GrmnGTN750Xi_tso_190-02327-02_04.pdf