Cross Country In Progress

201er

4 hours ago, 201er said:

This is gonna be a pretty long one with some weather. Follow along:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N4361H

You need those old lady compression socks to prevent blood clots.  I think my mom has some you can borrow!  Stroke might be more dangerous than thunderstorms!

• Like 1

This is amazing...2 hours is typically my wife's limit...

Going to try to catch him checking in with Knoxville or Chattanooga approach in a bit.

^Edit...I guess either I missed him or he wasn't close enough...I thought I had a chance catching him with Knoxville Approach

21 minutes ago, Fly Boomer said:

For @Mcstealth when I posted "FlightAware says Landing in 7 hours 21 minutes.  Holy moly!" it was because he was at least 2 hours enroute already, with more than 7 hours remaining, and I was impressed by the overall duration of the planned flight.

Mikey flies deep LOP, and has 100-gal extended range tanks. When full, they give him extended length takeoffs, too! :D

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Hank said:

Mikey flies deep LOP, and has 100-gal extended range tanks. When full, they give him extended length takeoffs, too! :D

It’s really only about 20deg lop not terribly deep, probably burning about 8-9gph and will land with about 20 gal left if he topped off the full 100 gal

Just now, Igor_U said:

9h 15' in the air! You're are better man then I! :)

My wife and I did 6:00 once in our stock M20F and said never again... 

that was my longest as well.  I'd have to be solo to do that length again.  She'll stay for 4 hours if it lands at a good beach but that is absolutely it.  Normally, 2 hours max.

Just now, Kris_Adams said:

that was my longest as well.  I'd have to be solo to do that length again.  She'll stay for 4 hours if it lands at a good beach but that is absolutely it.  Normally, 2 hours max.

Well, our flight was to KVGT (North las Vegas) so we were extra motivated not to stop. :P

• Like 1

Easy to quarterback from our seat, Mikey s working his ass off I’m sure. Summer time in the afternoon is tough sledding. He’s quite experienced and competent.

I’ll do Delaware to Texas next week.

Who is going to Mooneymax hope to see some MS members there

• Like 4

Nearing the 7hr mark…

One big zig in Alabama to go around the back side of a weather system…

Add Alabama and Mississippi to the list of states flown over….

two more hours and more weather to contend with…

Expect the zag back on course south of the next weather system….

The extra zig zag adds some distance to the flight….

-a-