GI 275 EIS Data Download

3 hours ago, mike261 said:

I know but...

Flygarmin.com is where I'm not finding it.

Mike

Flygarmin is not involved. The link to the manual with a pointer to the instructions was posted by @201Mooniac above. Try that.

• Like 1

If you have a FlightStream device (either the connext capabilities of the GI 275 or a FS 510) connected and use Garmin Pilot, the data will be uploaded from the GI 275 to Garmin Pilot and then when Garmin Pilot syncs with fly.garmin.com you should find the data under your logbook included with each flight.  At least that is how I understand it, I haven't gotten my plane back from the shop yet where they are currently installing the GI 275 EIS.

11 hours ago, PT20J said:

Flygarmin is not involved. The link to the manual with a pointer to the instructions was posted by @201Mooniac above. Try that.

follow the pointer to page 239. according to the manual flygarmin is definitely involved, and I satisfy all the conditions.

anyone have any idea where to find this on flygarmin?

my logbook entries are there, but no engine data.

yes, the EIS was sending the info during flights to the Ipad real time.

on the website however, my logbook time is getting uploaded, but no engine data. not even a button for it so I'm confused.

I have tried calling garmin, but I havent got all day. the hold times are brutal.

So ive been on hold all this time. 25 mins

the data is supposed to be on the right hand side of each logbook entry.

its not.

i was told, complete uninstall of garmin pilot on the ipad and a fresh reinstall should fix it. 

ill try this later.

Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were not able to get the data out of the GI 275. If you can get the file downloaded, you should also be able view it by uploading it to Savvy Analysis. I don’t know what file format the GI 275 uses. If it is a .csv file like the G3X, you can open it in a spreadsheet.

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2022 at 9:05 AM, mike261 said:

mine too.

hoping the uninstall works.

Mike

Any resolution to this? I’m getting my plane back soon with the GI-275 EIS installed as well.

nope.

I've given up.

and it was the factor that tilted the favor to the Garmin over the others for me.

maybe I'll revisit it again, but all the fixes have been tried.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, mike261 said:

nope.

I've given up.

and it was the factor that tilted the favor to the Garmin over the others for me.

maybe I'll revisit it again, but all the fixes have been tried.

Are you able to manually download the data to send to, say, Savvy? Or otherwise manually access the data?

I have not tried that.

I will attempt that the next time I try to fiddle with it, but the whole point of spending the extra money on the flight stream 510 and choosing the Garmin EIS is moot if it doesn't work, so I became disgusted with it and put it aside. It could be something simple, or im missing something or operator error, so until i devote more time to it I will just have to live without it.

Mike

• Like 1

Some potential steps to debug and isolate the problem:

- Do you see the EIS data in your Garmin Pilot logbook specifically, but not FlyGarmin?

- If not, is your tablet/phone connecting to the GI-275 EIS Bluetooth or Bluetooth from your navigator (in this case the FlightStream 510)?

- Is the GI-275 connected to your navigator and if so, is it via RS-232 or HSDB?

- If you plug in a USB key to the EIS dongle, do you see the engine data in the files that transfer?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MironV said:

Some potential steps to debug and isolate the problem:

- Do you see the EIS data in your Garmin Pilot logbook specifically, but not FlyGarmin?

I see the EIS on the Garmin Pilot, it is its own window not part of the logbook.

- If not, is your tablet/phone connecting to the GI-275 EIS Bluetooth or Bluetooth from your navigator (in this case the FlightStream 510)?

Yes. connected. have tried while connected to GI 275 and LRU same same.

- Is the GI-275 connected to your navigator and if so, is it via RS-232 or HSDB? 

Yes, unknown what the connection method is, i can look at the install data... Would one of these connections not allow EIS data out?

- If you plug in a USB key to the EIS dongle, do you see the engine data in the files that transfer?

Have not tried this yet.

• 2 months later...