New insurance claim

9 minutes ago, David Lloyd said:

Did the test flight yesterday after it cooled off to about 90*.  I think it did as it should although in cruise flight the elevator counterweight, both sides, is slightly up rather than being in-trail.  Up 1/2-3/4".  Never paid attention previously but I think it was very close to being in trail.  Maybe it is correct now, wrong before.  Maybe it is my old, faulty memory.  For you guys with C models, what does it look like, just you up front and no baggage?

Glad to hear that you're making progress!

When light, my elevator counterweights are about 1/2-3/4" high at the front. There was an old thread from the early days here where we all posted pictures of our elevators in flight, I think I took my pictures going home from tank reseal c. 2010.

• Like 1

Wasn't a chaffed wire.  Loose screw holding the jumper from the 70A main breaker to the 50A aux buss breaker.  Right beside a new breaker for the GI-275 installed last year.  Do you believe in coincidence?  

Removed glareshield, loosened breaker from panel, tightened screw, breaker back in panel, install glareshield.  Started, ran, installed latest databases for 275s and 375.  All good.  Will test drive it tomorrow to pick up a plane at MRN.

Got a little touch up paint to do but it should be done within two weeks.  Hangars appear mostly repaired, might be done next week.  Two days in a row it did not get in the 90s!  All is good.

• Like 1