Bravo engine driven fuel pump

Mark Cline

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know where I can buy (new or overhauled) the engine driven fuel pump for a 1998 M20M?  If not, does anyone know where I can have my current fuel pump overhauled?  I believe its part number 62021153.

Thanks so much,

Mark

28 minutes ago, Mark Cline said:

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know where I can buy (new or overhauled) the engine driven fuel pump for a 1998 M20M?  If not, does anyone know where I can have my current fuel pump overhauled?  I believe its part number 62021153.

Thanks so much,

Mark

When you see what the price is for these you will definitely want to have yours rebuilt. I would call Don Maxwell or Dan at LASAR and see who to send it off to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

When you see what the price is for these you will definitely want to have yours rebuilt.

I was AOG with a suspected fuel pump issue (turned out to be a rookie error involving vapor lock) and was quoted $2,800 for a new pump if I recall correctly. That was 6 years ago. Go with @LANCECASPER's recommendation.

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 1

Mark,

What seems to be the issue with it?

Fuel pumps are known to get resealed which can be a simple quick turn-around…

When their seals leak… fuel runs out their drain onto the ground…

PP guesses only, not a mechanic…

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Cline said:

What happened?  

Total screw-up on a mag situation. Way too long to go into, but just people who are very difficult to deal with from the top down. Finally American Express helped get me part of the money. Poor workmanship, complete screw-up on the shipping, no one would take responsibility. I've said many times since then that I wouldn't personally trust them to overhaul parts for my lawn mower. I'm sure others have had better experiences since they are still in business.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up:  Got the pump from QAA, its installed on the plane, and it is working great.  The pressure had to be turned up quite a lot from the setting out of the box, but that was not a big deal.  The new fuel pump made a big difference in my FF values (now much lower, and closer to the POH values).  Apparently my old one was sucking in some air and affecting my FF values. 

• Like 1