JPI 900 or Garmin EIS?

12 hours ago, Ragsf15e said:

Curious, do you have 2 x OAT probes to get temp for the jpi and the g3x?  I wish they could share but I don’t think they do?

There are two.  They always disagree. I am not OCD so I don't fret about it. :D

10 hours ago, Fly Boomer said:

What is the little blue thing sticking out of the panel at the left edge of the EDM-900?

Piece of tape or some other packaging artifact left over from install.  See previous post for OCD status.

• Haha 2

On 6/10/2022 at 9:42 PM, carusoam said:

That color looks familiar…  the LVL button..?

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/aviation/blue-button-helping-keep-blue-side/

-a-

The level button is down below.  He is asking about the little blue thing sticking out on the left side of the EDM.  As someone previously stated it looks like a piece of packaging from the install or some such.

PXL_20220525_174824236.jpg.6697ef5dccced28c1040884c4e581e5a 2.jpg

OCD is 3 letters, so I have the jpi700, g5 AND windshield OAT probes. All in C (well, the windshield probe has both)... And they all disagree...

Windshield and G5 probes are pretty close to one another (in readout, not locationwise). Jpi probe is on the lateral air scoop and I'm starting to think that it's not adding any value...

7 hours ago, FlyingDude said:

OCD is 3 letters, so I have the jpi700, g5 AND windshield OAT probes. All in C (well, the windshield probe has both)... And they all disagree...

Windshield and G5 probes are pretty close to one another (in readout, not locationwise). Jpi probe is on the lateral air scoop and I'm starting to think that it's not adding any value...

the naca scoop on the side reads higher than actual, too close to exhaust and engine. Really needs to be in undisturbed air. But installers love using the naca scoop because it’s couldn’t be easier to install there. 

7 minutes ago, kortopates said:

the naca scoop on the side reads higher than actual, too close to exhaust and engine. Really needs to be in undisturbed air. But installers love using the naca scoop because it’s couldn’t be easier to install there. 

True, for those of us with 1 exhaust, you’ll want to install it on the opposite side. Mine runs ~3° hot.