Top Gun Maverick-not a mooney but I’ll let that slide.

27 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

How romantic this photo is…..In reality , he’s telling her to not lean on the car cause she could scratch the paint ! :lol:

Not really, he is telling her to slouch down so he looks taller than her.

She is wearing flat shoes and he is wearing heals.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I noticed that, too.  The funny thing is that I bet I watched this movie 10 times before I noticed there is a Mooney in the background.  Me.  A hardcore Mooniac.  Shameful.  

That's funny, my wife pointed it out to me when we watched it, I was too busy watching Jennifer Connelly :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

When I bought my '06 Tacoma I went camping and was looking at the boat in the lake, I put my foot on the edge of the bed and my knee on the roof. I wasn't putting much force on the roof, but it was enough to put a sizable dent in the edge of the roof.

I can still vividly remember the sickening feeling as my shin sunk into the metal.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:26 AM, N201MKTurbo said:

When I bought my '06 Tacoma I went camping and was looking at the boat in the lake, I put my foot on the edge of the bed and my knee on the roof. I wasn't putting much force on the roof, but it was enough to put a sizable dent in the edge of the roof.

I can still vividly remember the sickening feeling as my shin sunk into the metal.

I bought my father in-laws 2013 Tacoma. I have no plans to climb on the hood or roof. 

Anyone with a brain would be wise to follow that "plan" with any passenger/light duty vehicle manufactured after 1980.  Unnecessary weight is the enemy of fuel economy.  Ya, Toyota is known as an unreliable piece of crap.  Riiiiight.

4 hours ago, Pinecone said:

My one Toyota was the worst car I ever owned.  Even worse that 2 Dodges and 2 Fiats.

I guess we all have different experiences.  Many years ago I drove a Fiat 850 Spider.  Now I drive a Toyota.  Worst to first.  Even the Volvo I bought from a salvage yard wasn’t as bad as the Fiat.  I said I drove a Fiat, but it would be more accurate to say I owned it — not much driving.

I find the ergonomics in Toyota pickups uncomfortable. If my legs were 4" shorter with the same arms, then I could be comfortable in the seat, but still hit my head on the doorframe getting in and out.

I traded in a 2-year-old Tacoma for a new Honda Ridgeline, I fit the cabin much better! It's all-wheel drive and gets 3-4 mpg better, too, with a much larger payload (1680 lb vs. 1100).

7 hours ago, Pinecone said:

My one Toyota was the worst car I ever owned.  Even worse that 2 Dodges and 2 Fiats.

Sucks to be you I guess.  Toyotas consistently rank above Dodge and Fiat.  I would not have bought a Tacoma, but price was way right and with only 23k miles to good to pass on.  Sorry you had a poor experience.  My X1/9 was early fuel injection.  It would just stop running randomly.  Come back an hour later and it was fine.  No thanks.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:23 AM, N201MKTurbo said:

I've worked on Tomahawk missiles and maybe know too much about them. They could have easily flown those profiles except they wouldn't need to do the high G climb out. Why would you send piloted airplanes on that mission when a nice cruise missile would do? You could send a bunch of MALDs in to confuse the anti aircraft batteries. I'm pretty sure you could have told the Tomahawk which louver on the vent to hit. besides when does a steady state climb pull any Gs? Sure the pullout at the bottom of the bombing run, but they didn't start grunting until they were stable in the climb.

Also, having the lead plane paint the target with a laser designator, makes no sense. For a laser designator to work it has to paint the target until the bomb hits the target. That plane was long gone when the bomber got there.

just one AGM86 with dial a yield set to 4 would do it.

19 hours ago, Fly Boomer said:

I guess we all have different experiences.  Many years ago I drove a Fiat 850 Spider.  Now I drive a Toyota.  Worst to first.  Even the Volvo I bought from a salvage yard wasn’t as bad as the Fiat.  I said I drove a Fiat, but it would be more accurate to say I owned it — not much driving.

Awesome.  I had a Fiat 850 Spider also.  It had its issues, but not as many as my 76 Corolla SR-5.

My current Fiat 500 Abarth is the most reliable car I have ever owned, including compared to several BMWs.

10 hours ago, Pinecone said:

My current Fiat 500 Abarth is the most reliable car I have ever owned, including compared to several BMWs.

I forgot about my one and only BMW.  I could afford to buy the car, but I couldn't afford everything that came after that -- kind of like buying a twin. Cheap to buy; expensive to own.