Aerocreeper

2 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Just purchased an Aerocreeper. Pricey, built like a brick you know what, glides like it is on ice. So much easier.

Aerocreeper.com

I tried my friends at his hangar and bought one myself. I recommend getting the locking wheel option, it rolls so smooth that without the locking wheels you're all over the place when trying to work. Another thing to consider, I went with the heavy duty 3" casters that increases the height by 5/8". That makes it a tight squeeze under the Mooney, if I had a belly on me I might not fit....

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Until very recently my creeper has been a flattened cardboard box.

Last year at a hangar sale I picked up a nice Craftsman creeper, but as the darn thing seems to try to scoot out from under me I think I may go back to the box. Besides the Mooney is close to the ground. Can’t really use the reclining feature.

Got a couple of nice office chars at Goodwill for maybe $10 ea for just sitting around.

A nice thick box like Home Depot sells is nice and soft too, well padded, maybe $1 ?

$650 is 100gls of gas which is 14 hours of flying.

Cardboard box is looking better and better

You guys just have more money than me, what happened to being a CB?

Edited by A64Pilot

6 minutes ago, A64Pilot said:

On a slick hangar floor, a cardboard "creeper" is perfect.  Less than a 1/4" high.   A $600 creeper is a bargain compared to a high gloss concrete floor.   <_<

37 minutes ago, A64Pilot said:

Last year at a hangar sale I picked up a nice Craftsman creeper, but as the darn thing seems to try to scoot out from under me I think I may go back to the box. Besides the Mooney is close to the ground. Can’t really use the reclining feature.

Got a couple of nice office chars at Goodwill for maybe $10 ea for just sitting around.

A nice thick box like Home Depot sells is nice and soft too, well padded, maybe $1 ?

$650 is 100gls of gas which is 14 hours of flying.

You guys just have more money than me, what happened to being a CB?

The cardboard box that the Aerocreeper comes in is really heavy duty. I use it in the back of my truck to keep the loose items from sliding around in the bed and I can easily slide it out to retrieve things when needed!

On 5/27/2022 at 2:11 PM, GeeBee said:

Just purchased an Aerocreeper. Pricey, built like a brick you know what, glides like it is on ice. So much easier.

Aerocreeper.com

I am waiting for the GeeBee Aero creeper to be introduced … will probably have improvements over the other aero … and cost less. Any idea when we can expect to see those available ?

13 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

I have spacer blocks I put the wheels on to give ma an additional 4.5" clearance under the belly and it works fine.

I fail to see how adding a spacer will reduce the height. But a picture is worth 1000 words. Do you have any?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hank said:

I fail to see how adding a spacer will reduce the height. But a picture is worth 1000 words. Do you have any?

See the 2x8 blocks, all screwed together, under the wheel along with a chock block on each end.  That way I can have the plane jacked up without being on jacks the whole time when working under the plane. 

20220619_064443.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/27/2022 at 1:11 PM, GeeBee said:

Aerocreeper.com

Thanks for originally posting this. At first I thought pricey but what the heck ordered one, with the locking wheels to boot. 
All I can say is AWESOME CREEPER!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to make some blocks like John 1964 - M20E had made, another great idea.