Current source for Tempest AA48110-2 oil filters? Everyone's backordered

All of my usual sources for Tempest AA48110-2 filters are out of stock. Spruce is backordered to 7 July. I found a site that MAY have them in stock but at an amazing $49 ea plus shipping.

Anyone else having any luck?

Cheers,
Rick

• Rick Junkin changed the title to Current source for Tempest AA48110-2 oil filters? Everyone's backordered
10 hours ago, toto said:

I have three of these in my personal stockpile.. if you’re really stuck, send me a PM and I’ll be happy to sell you one for whatever they normally go for online. 

Thanks for the offer! I'm looking to restock myself (I only have one filter left) and hope to find a box of 6 available somewhere for a reasonable price. If that doesn't happen, I may be reaching out in a month or two!

Cheers,
Rick

I called aircraft spruce east and they have currently orders for 650 with 1400 coming in sometime in June.  The woman told me the outlook for champion filters is worse.  First it was toilet paper, then baby formula and now oil filters......so sad.

Edited by tony
  • Thanks 1

Check where it’s parts are manufactured….

If they are from China…

China has been in and out of full lock-down in various regions…

Shipping out of China has been highly affected… shipping industry, ship maintenance, is experiencing difficult times…

Covid is still a tricky virus…. The US and Europe are much further ahead with a solution for Covid…. Pfizer and Moderna…

China has a different type of vaccine by Sinovac…. 

All stuff I have seen on YouTube…

-a-

• 1 month later...

Thus far I have seen here Aeroshell 6 way back ordered, 5106 fluid, and now filters. 

I need 5106 which after searching everywhere Skygeek supposedly had.  Does not appear to be the case. 

While not wanting to be the guy who recommends buying 400 cases of toilet paper, if you don’t buy it now some asshole in a Bonanza will.  Stock up. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Closing the loop on my original post -

The box of six AA48110-2 filters I ordered from Spruce on 5/8/22 shipped on 6/24/22, and at the original price of $159.14 for the 6-pack.

I see Spruce now has the individual filters listed at $31.43 but the 6 pack still at $159.14, however no stock for the singles until 7/21/22 and no stock for the 6-packs until 6/30/22.

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 3:27 AM, tony said:

I called aircraft spruce east and they have currently orders for 650 with 1400 coming in sometime in June.  The woman told me the outlook for champion filters is worse.  First it was toilet paper, then baby formula and now oil filters......so sad.

I know, right? I didn’t really care about wiping my butt and feeding babies but this oil filter thing is intolerable!

I wonder if we’ll be able to use synthetic oil when we switch to 100UL and be able to stretch out the oil change interval.