Looking for intake boot for 20E

1 hour ago, Joshua Blackh4t said:

Hi,

My mechanic has found a couple of holes in the intake boot on my '65 E. 

I've noticed that these are in short supply so I'm starting here. Does anyone have an intake boot for sale and would they be able to post to Australia?

Thanks, Joshua

These boots are made of Uo (unobtainium). Some wrenches have repaired them with rubber compounds.

Has anyone considered using a flexible rubber sealant such as flex seal? https://flexsealproducts.com/products/flex-seal?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvLOTBhCJARIsACVldV2R0Pngwg-6HI4ZPJRrseYaroWQYDMHUsnPlc1h3JMCWUtPYmz90gIaAga-EALw_wcB
My thoughts are if the intake is still structurally sound and only needs an outer coating this might keep you flying until you can get the part

2 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I’ve written about repairing them. Others have too. Use the search function.

Thanks, yeah, I have seen that and much appreciated. I would still prefer a new one if possible. 

I probably will repair it for now but will keep looking for a new one. Especially since I fly out of dusty dirt strips. 

Thanks

• Like 1

Presently the duct on my C is in good shape.  They are just as hard to find, but I know when they make a run of these parts I plan on purchasing a spare.  If I find a hole in mine before I can get a replacement, I have considered asking my mechanic if he thought this would be a temporary fix.  https://www.amazon.com/X-Treme-Tape-TPE-X36ZLR-Silicone-Triangualr/dp/B00HWROMW6/ref=asc_df_B00HWROMW6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241913979791&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1983717323158796772&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031931&hvtargid=pla-402919790058&psc=1  I have used this product at work and it’s pretty cool.

On 4/30/2022 at 7:02 PM, Joshua Blackh4t said:

Thanks, yeah, I have seen that and much appreciated. I would still prefer a new one if possible. 

I probably will repair it for now but will keep looking for a new one. Especially since I fly out of dusty dirt strips. 

Thanks

LASAR website is saying those are sold out, however you can call them and put your name on the waiting list. Not sure what is the wait time, though...

3 hours ago, Igor_U said:

LASAR website is saying those are sold out, however you can call them and put your name on the waiting list. Not sure what is the wait time, though...

Thanks, 

My mechanic found a supplier who has one, for $3799.00. I'm pretty sure we can fix it before paying that.

I have tried to contact Lasar, their website says to call them, their phone says that parts are best handled by online chat which promises to email me back..... 

The joys of aircraft ownership....

19 minutes ago, Joshua Blackh4t said:

Thanks, 

My mechanic found a supplier who has one, for $3799.00. I'm pretty sure we can fix it before paying that.

I have tried to contact Lasar, their website says to call them, their phone says that parts are best handled by online chat which promises to email me back..... 

The joys of aircraft ownership....

That doesn’t sound too bad.  I assume that they’re delivering it to Australia and installing it for you!

Clarence

30 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

That doesn’t sound too bad.  I assume that they’re delivering it to Australia and installing it for you!

Clarence

Haha, yeah, would cover sending a team out here.... there has to be mistake, but i saw the quote. 

$160 would be nice, sounds more normal.