M20C For Sale

Tater

I'm selling my 1963 M20C, N6563U. Asking price is $65K but I'll accept higher offers if I've underpriced =). 

I bought it about a year ago and it has been great, but I have not had the amount of time to fly as I hoped and my work travel schedule isn't getting any better. So it seems better to sell it to someone to keep it flying more. I have put about 100 hours on in the last year so it has been moving, just not as much as I'd like. It just went in the shop the week for its annual so will sell with a fresh annual.

Here are the specs:

• Garmin touchscreen GPS 175
  • LPV STEC 30 autopilot with altitude hold, coupled to GPS and LOC/GS
  • Dual KX-155 navcoms, LOC+GS, LOC only
  • Garmin GTX 327
  • TXP Skybeacon ADSB out with anti-collision light,
  • Stratux wifi ADSB in to Ipad
  • 1310 SMOH
  • 130 STOP IRAN (for high oil consumption since orig OH), 60 SP reseal
  • Alternator conversion
  • Conventional six pack gauge arrangement
  • IFR cert Audio panel with MB 4 place intercom
  • Precise Flight standby vacuum
  • EI UBG-16 engine analyzer w/ EGTs/CHTs, oil T, oil P, fuel P, vac P, buss V, OAT
  • Whelan LED landing light
  • Retractable step
  • Multiple speed mods
  • Both tanks resealed by Wet Wingologists East
  • Custom cover
  • 713lb useful load with full fuel
  • Full logs
  • 2003 gear collapse on landing rollout (previous pilot error), repaired by Don Maxwell

A paint buff and ceramic coat job is in process and will be complete prior to close of sale. In the pictures you can see shiny wings and a chalky fuselage. Wings were complete last weekend and the fuselage should look similar after I can get another weekend in to finish it. The paint is old though and there are plenty of places that it is flaking. I've included closeups to show where the paint is failing in a full photo album here.

image.thumb.jpeg.e25032dc93ac841234fb987e403a4f3a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.082b197e6acf49f8cb57c18b439482ab.jpeg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0949.HEIC

• 3 months later...

Bumping this and providing some updates.

The annual was completed a month after I posted the plane for sale. During the annual they took care of a lot of small deferred maintenance items and I have flown it about 35 hours since the annual. It is running very well and I expect that next year's annual should be a lot less work. Compressions at annual were #1 76/80, #2 74/80, #3 78/80, #4 77/80. Current TSMO ~ 1340 and TTAF ~ 4950 but I'm still actively flying it so that will go up until it sells.

I didn't get much of a response to my posting the first time around. I'm guessing I listed the price a little too high and that it wasn't great to list it while it was out of annual. But the annual is current now and I'm dropping the asking price to $59k. 

I'm not on here a lot and I missed a couple PMs about this last time around. Feel free to email me at taitcarroll@gmail.com; I'll try to do a better job watching for PMs here but I check that email regularly.

• Like 1

I doubt you've priced it that high, you're just in the wrong venue.  Try Trade-a-Plane and/or Controller and/or Barnstromers. You're either selling an airplane or you aren't.  Do or do not, there is no try.

I agree. The market is hot and I think you’re on the low end of what I have been seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the market has topped out with increasing interest rates and inflation. I assume we’ll see a slow down in the airplane market. It’s been a seller’s market, these always cycle back and forth. Other factors being the hardening of the insurance market tightening of money etc all aims at a downward cycle starting.

3 minutes ago, Tater said:

@steingar, @Marauder, @Danb: thx for the input! Great to get some other thoughts. I'll get it listed on the other sites in the next few days and see where it goes.

Know that you can attached your email to MS…

So that if somebody sends you a message… your email gets a copy.

A quick sale around here takes about a month to close out.

pics and description are good…

Have logs ready to email to interested parties…

As Dan mentioned above… now is the time to buy/sell… interest rates have been going up and will continue to do so…

Best regards,

-a-

I don’t think you’re too high either although I’m not an expert. Throw it on some of the aircraft for sale FB groups and it will sell within a week, I’d guess. Be careful of scammers though. They seem more prevalent on social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk