Off Topic Forum?

Have the Mods ever considered one? Same rules would apply of course, be nice, no offensive language etc, but a forum that’s not specifically Mooney related.

Some threads drift off being Mooney aircraft specific, but still hold interest, maybe move where it drifts to off topic, or maybe NASA or Space-X pulls off something really cool, not Mooney related, but interesting, Off Topic?

If threads drift off course a Mod could move the part that drifts to off topic, leaving the original thread intact.

Edited by A64Pilot

Have the Mods ever considered one? Same rules would apply of course, be nice, no offensive language etc, but a forum that’s not specifically Mooney related.
Some threads drift off being Mooney aircraft specific, but still hold interest, maybe move where it drifts to off topic, or maybe NASA or Space-X pulls off something really cool, not Mooney related, but interesting, Off Topic?
If threads drift off course a Mod could move the part that drifts to off topic, leaving the original thread intact.

See “Little Timmy”. He will tell you how that will fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

It only took a few days to figure what keeps us together….

and what drives us apart….

Moderators are required to keep the place clean…

The off topic subjects get picked up by the outside world during their search…

Then they quickly get disappointed because what they said wasn’t as bad…. Or why does your member get to say things but I can’t…

If you want to do the babysitting… or pay for the baby sitter… include that in your request…

Not mentioned around here…. Are a set of rules and regulations… that probably need to be formalized… 

More costs than desired…

We have a few quirky things that keep Mooney people coming in…

1) No cost to join… because not everyone can toss dough in the hat, without a test drive…

2) wacky anonymity… because some people have a public appearance to maintain…and they mat be inexperienced with social media…

3) A high concentration of Mooney centered knowledge…

PP thoughts only, not a moderator…

Best regards,

-a-

• 3 weeks later...

I used to moderate Cruisers Forum, it’s not that bad actually. There was a group of us and we had our own forum where we could discuss things.

It was all volunteer. I quit when this covid thing brought out the politics, you can imagine which side a bunch of sailors are usually on and it just got too much for me. I’m actually pretty much politically neutral and can’t stand extremes of either direction. Politics ruined it for me, rather than fight I just quit. Politics and religion, neither has a place on forums unless of course that’s the forum. Gun talk would also get fights going over there 

Before the politics it was an extremely good place to learn, which solar controllers are best, which watermaker, electronics, whatever there we’re experts in anything you could think of.

That forum is huge, it and some number of similar forums are owned by one person in Brazil, apparently there is good money in larger forums

Edited by A64Pilot
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Please dear Lord, NO! We have this on a boating web site I am on and it:

Developed into cliques

Got very personal

Got very divisive

Then some people wanted the moderators to censor something or admonish someone because someone made a statement that did not comport to their "truth" (which usually was wrong).

Please dear Lord, NO! We have this on a boating web site I am on and it:
Developed into cliques
Got very personal
Got very divisive
Then some people wanted the moderators to censor something or admonish someone because someone made a statement that did not comport to their "truth" (which usually was wrong).

And then little Timmy shows up!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah yes, the good old days. Whatever happened to ScottFromIowa anyway?

Scott has been reborn here several times and now flys a missile. Don’t recall his current MS identity nor his post since he was asking about max FF on his Io-550-a sometime ago when the missile was new. But I am sure he’s still around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk