Throttle control producing high resistance to low rpm

Schllc

Returned for a trip today, fueled up to taxi to the hangar and the throttle was extremely difficult to dial down to idle speed. The release button kept popping and I just rod the brakes to the hangar rather than force it. 
upon landing and removal of the cowling I noticed this bracket secured to the stationary part of the cable housing. 
It does not move back and forth with the cable but it does rotate around the cable. 
I cannot see why this piece would need to move freely in this direction and am wondering if something is amiss. 
any other tsio550 owners familiar with this?  Is it normal?

15 hours ago, Schllc said:

Returned for a trip today, fueled up to taxi to the hangar and the throttle was extremely difficult to dial down to idle speed. The release button kept popping and I just rod the brakes to the hangar rather than force it. 
upon landing and removal of the cowling I noticed this bracket secured to the stationary part of the cable housing. 
It does not move back and forth with the cable but it does rotate around the cable. 
I cannot see why this piece would need to move freely in this direction and am wondering if something is amiss. 
any other tsio550 owners familiar with this?  Is it normal?

IMG_0007.MOV

That absolutely should not rotate. You have some loose or missing hardware.

Ironically Friday a.m. after landing at my home airpark, I pulled the throttle back and couldn't move it after that. I was able to get off the runway on to the taxiway but had to be towed to the hangar.  I was able to free it up back in the hangar with a slight tap on the throttle button, but the throttle control bracket was installed upside down new from the factory and was subject to the SB310A. (https://www.mooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/SBM20-310A.pdf) If you look at the PDF yours is installed right side up but it should be rotated 90 degrees and tightened. As it is right now it could easily hang up.

Brian Kendrick drove out to my hangar tonight and did the service bulletin. It seems fine now.

So the bracket apparently is supposed to rotate like this to accommodate the arc of the throttle cable. The issue was actually a piece of rtv that broke free and got wedged on the linkage, so when I went to idle on the throttle it bound up on the sealant. 
I am still a little confused as to why there isn’t a bracket for the cable, but since I’m not really able to change it, and it’s on the other two acclaims I looked at today, I guess it is what it is…