Photodetector for the KX-155

OR75

6 hours ago, OR75 said:

Anyone knows what the part number for the photodetector in the KX-155 is ? 
the BK part number is 134-05005-0002 but I am looking for the corresponding commercially available item part number 

Any reason you don't want the BK part? I think I have a couple of them, brand new in the package.

3 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

Any reason you don't want the BK part? I think I have a couple of them, brand new in the package.

Nope, no reason. I didn’t know it would be available as my google search did not return anything available for purchase . 

I bought a huge box of component level items from a shop that was no longer working on radios. The list I have shows that I have two of them. I glanced and do not see them. Fuzzy memory coming back tells me that I helped someone out with one a couple years ago. After mid April I'll have a little more time to look. If I run into one of them I'll let you know.

4 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

I bought a huge box of component level items from a shop that was no longer working on radios. The list I have shows that I have two of them. I glanced and do not see them. Fuzzy memory coming back tells me that I helped someone out with one a couple years ago. After mid April I'll have a little more time to look. If I run into one of them I'll let you know.

Thanks . Keep me posted 

these light sensitve components work by decreasing resistance upon increase light hitting it.More properly called a photoresistor or LDR.Very common component...the trick ist to get the specs...they are so cheap,if that didnt work i would get a bunch from digitrol or jameson...also after desoldering look for ident on underside of LDR