Seeking electrical schematics - 800383 M3 Revision M

alan_tx

Hi All:

Does anyone have the electrical schematics labeled 800383 M3 Revision M referenced in the Bravo Service Manual (section 91-20-00)? Or perhaps the correct schematic if that isn't the right doc? We're trying to troubleshoot an electrical issue where the master switch does not kill the power to the avionics when batt 1 and batt 2 are hooked up. The master switch does turn everything off as expected when only batt 1 is hooked up (batt 2 unplugged) suggesting something off with the batt 2 circuit.

Serial number: 27-0292

Searched online and in the forum and didn't find this specific schematic doc. Any help much appreciated.

Best,

Alan

40 minutes ago, alan_tx said:

Hi All:

Does anyone have the electrical schematics labeled 800383 M3 Revision M referenced in the Bravo Service Manual (section 91-20-00)? Or perhaps the correct schematic if that isn't the right doc? We're trying to troubleshoot an electrical issue where the master switch does not kill the power to the avionics when batt 1 and batt 2 are hooked up. The master switch does turn everything off as expected when only batt 1 is hooked up (batt 2 unplugged) suggesting something off with the batt 2 circuit.

Serial number: 27-0292

Searched online and in the forum and didn't find this specific schematic doc. Any help much appreciated.

Best,

Alan

One or both of battery masters is bad. When this happened in a Bravo I owned I replaced both battery masters to start with a known. It solved it.

8 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

One or both of battery masters is bad. When this happened in a Bravo I owned I replaced both battery masters to start with a known. It solved it.

LANCECASPER - appreciate the suggestion. We spent some time looking at the solenoids tonight, and both seem to be working just fine. We did find that one of the wires going into the secondary circuit of the solenoid for batt 2 was grounded without the master switch being on. We're going to try and hunt down where it might be grounding as once the battery is hooked up, the circuit completes and energizes the solenoid without the master being flipped on. More work required.

The red line below is what we think is happening. It's a simple circuit that doesn't reflect the Bravo setup, but it does illustrate what we think is happening.

Battery Issue.png

Edited by alan_tx

7 hours ago, carusoam said:

Similar to this other thread?

Too similar?

-a-

That’s my co-owner. Didn’t realize he had also posted until we spoke after the fact. Letting him run with the MooneySpace thread as I chase down other paths.

We were able to isolate the issue to a grounded wire between the battery switch and the solenoid. We just didn’t know where the ground is occurring. That’s the next step.

-Alan

Edited by alan_tx
  • Like 1