G1000 upgrade

keithmiller

There was some chatter over the past year that Mooney (along with other things) was looking at a path to upgrade to NXI … this this every get to the next level ? I understand the last ones build over the last two years before closing are NXI G1000 but I thought Mooney had to sign off with Garmin for the older models ? Is that a true statement? 

yes. since the G1000 system is part of the type certificate, all updates/upgrades come through Mooney (short of a 3rd party getting an STC approval). it quickly gets more complicated depending on how far back the older G1000 configuration is. For example, lacking the Garmin AP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing more complex than G1000 updates that involve both Mooney and Garmin….

Use the WAAS upgrades as an example…

If it comes together… expect to pay a mint for it…

When given the opportunity… don’t delay…

As quickly as the opportunity comes along, after a looooong wait…. It quickly goes away….  As few expensive devices will be sitting in inventory on somebody’s shelf waiting…..

If you want it… get ready to lobby for it…  make it known that it is a good idea… and people are willing to buy it….

PP thoughts only… not an avionics guru…

Best regards,

-a-