Travel Boards

Gary Lewin

Welcome aboard Gary…

They are worth $5… I’ll give you six because I like you. :)

Standby, let me doing some digging.

Best regards,

-a-

Back from the dig….

Travel boards are used for rigging control surfaces…

They are Mooney specific…

Some owners really like to have all the shop tools for their favorite bird…

Once rigged properly, the tools sit on the shelf for a very long time…. Like 50 years…. :)

If you want to do some reading…

This is how often the boards get mentioned….

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q="Travel boards"&quick=1&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy

They may be listed for sale / new by Lasar.com 

Hang out often…. Expect to see some level of interest…

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, kortopates said:

Not really extra but for different models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I see one is specific to the “K” while the other works for the C,D,E,F,G and Mark 22. Is the weight of the turbo a factor? What would be different regarding the board? More travel?

Interesting, I see one is specific to the “K” while the other works for the C,D,E,F,G and Mark 22. Is the weight of the turbo a factor? What would be different regarding the board? More travel?

The K, L and other long bodies have a bigger elevator - all using the K elevator board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 10:47 AM, FlyingDude said:

Hi guys,
Could anyone lend me their travel boards just for one day? I just want to verify something and then I'll return them. Thanks...

If you are flying through NJ… Alan has a set in his shop….  I have seen them used on MSer planes…

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Guys,

It looks like the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer is perpendicular to the horizontal stabilizer angle of incidence.  It sure looks like it would be easier to measure the straight, leading edge of the vertical stabilizer than the angle of incidence with a travel board.  I'm pretty sure a $5 angle finder on the leading edge would do it.  I've checked a 3 J's in the center take off position of the trim indicator is perpendicular.  It's an easy visual check rough check.  FYI

Why not just a tracing of each board with tic marks at every 5 degrees of angle then someone could make their own

and be able to interpolate between degree marks for setting travels

$10 per board tracing fee + postage

I'll buy the first C model set  :-)

Lay them out on brown paper taped together and accurately trace them  fold them up and mail them

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cliffy said:

Why not just a tracing of each board with tic marks at every 5 degrees of angle then someone could make their own

and be able to interpolate between degree marks for setting travels

$10 per board tracing fee + postage

I'll buy the first C model set  :-)

Lay them out on brown paper taped together and accurately trace them  fold them up and mail them

Sounds like a great CB idea, Cliffy! I'll take the second C-model set!!