MAPA Office

turbobullet

I've been trying to pay my MAPA renewal for 3+ weeks now. The check was returned as undeliverable and numerous emails and messages have gone unanswered. I see on the website it says there is construction, Jenn is the only person in the office, and the response may be delayed by 3 days, but it's been over 3 weeks. Did I miss the memo?

31 minutes ago, PeteMc said:

I remember trying to renew years ago and never got a response. 

Ditto.  I tried to renew a couple of years ago and their payment processor (PayPal or something) had gone away and it wouldn't work. They emailed me and said that they would get it figured out in a few weeks but I never heard anything more from them. 

3 minutes ago, flyinjake said:

Same! I downloaded the application, filled it out, and sent it to that email with my credit card info with no response.... not exactly comfortable about doing that.

Welcome aboard Jake!

In your case… it might be best to make a phone call…

Mapa is a really small organization…

It was once run by a duo named Lela and Trey… who retired after about five or six decades at the helm… (PP estimate only)

I’m sure it isn’t too hard for the MAPA people to handle the request… if they knew it was coming…

Dial away and see who answers…

If your phone doesn’t have a dial… you can enter the phone number the usual way….  :)

PP thoughts only, had similar challenges 25 years ago…

Best regards,

-a-

Heard back from Jenn via email (as provided above). Apparently, local USPS is not terribly reliable in the Kerrville area. She says they have had entire mail bins of notices lost by USPS, which is made worse because they have no idea who receives the notice and who doesn't. She offered to send us a pre-stamped envelope, made out to the same address, in which we can enclose another check, and upon receipt, she will use to file another complaint against the USPS. Alternately, she will take a credit card over the phone. I think she is managing it all by herself, and they really do need our support, so anyone who has tried to pay and was unable, please try again.. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2022 at 6:54 AM, flyinjake said:

Same! I downloaded the application, filled it out, and sent it to that email with my credit card info with no response.... not exactly comfortable about doing that.

Same here.  Emailed April 26 to join, no response.

42 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

Emailed April 26 to join, no response.

I tried reaching out a couple of times over the years.  I just never got a renewal notice years ago and it wasn't on my radar.  By the time I realized it and reached out (a couple of times) I also never got a response.

Sounds like the old guard may be looking for someone new to take over.  Any takers maybe you should reach out to them and see if they're interested.

• 3 weeks later...

RARELY do I write something negative and I hate to write this, but I’m not sending money an organization that does not respond and I let my MAPA subscription go a long time ago. I’m all about supporting, but I’m not chasing someone down to take my money. 

Hi Everyone!

This is Jenn at MAPA.  I am so sorry it has been so difficult to reach our office.  I have recently recovered from a terrible strain of COVID from January.

Also, We have had phone issues, as I had learned not long ago, it was not working due to construction directly behind our office attached to our building.  I am in the process of getting a remedy to this issue right now!  I have tried one thing after another, but there is hope yet as this newest remedy might just be the one!  Meanwhile, I am always available on my email at jennwithmapa@gmail.com and you can reach me on my cell phone at 830-370-0211.  It is only me in the office doing the billing, book keeping, office work, and creation of the magazine as well as research, new accounts and running errands.  I promise I will get back to you!  Thank you for your patience and kindness!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jenn Newman said:

Hi Everyone!

This is Jenn at MAPA.  I am so sorry it has been so difficult to reach our office.  I have recently recovered from a terrible strain of COVID from January.

Also, We have had phone issues, as I had learned not long ago, it was not working due to construction directly behind our office attached to our building.  I am in the process of getting a remedy to this issue right now!  I have tried one thing after another, but there is hope yet as this newest remedy might just be the one!  Meanwhile, I am always available on my email at jennwithmapa@gmail.com and you can reach me on my cell phone at 830-370-0211.  It is only me in the office doing the billing, book keeping, office work, and creation of the magazine as well as research, new accounts and running errands.  I promise I will get back to you!  Thank you for your patience and kindness!

Welcome aboard Jenn!

Sounds like you are the right person for the job!

:)

For somebody searching MS in the future for the MAPA contact… they may sometimes search for MAPA guy or girl or person….

Now that you are here… everyone will be able to find you!

Go MAPA!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1