Fuel line Gasket AN6291-6 or alternative.

Hey All,

I just had my boost pump overhauled and need a few parts for the mechanic to reinstall it.  The two elbows that come from the fuel lines have O Rings and what looks like a flat gasket or washer.  I have the parts catalog for my plane and the P/N is AN6291-6 "Ring, backup".  I have searched all over and this is a leather gasket but i can't find it anywhere.  I am still waiting to hear back from LASAR but I read an older post that they had them. LASAR's website doesn't list that number any more but has a similar P/N AN6291-8 but wrong size and out of stock.   I thought there might be an alternative but I can't find anything. 

Suggestions??

AN6291-6.jpg

The leather ring fits in a counterbore machined into the nut and doesn’t need to be replaced unless it’s damaged.  Replace the “O” ring with new MS29512-6, lubricated with some engine oil and secure the fitting in to the correct angle and secure the check nut.

Clarence

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

The leather ring fits in a counterbore machined into the nut and doesn’t need to be replaced unless it’s damaged.  Replace the “O” ring with new MS29512-6, lubricated with some engine oil and secure the fitting in to the correct angle and secure the check nut.

Clarence

Thanks for the info.  In the picture above does the leather look damaged to you?

Edited by Cruiser73

4 hours ago, Cruiser73 said:

Thanks for the info.  In the picture above does the leather look damaged to you?

Wouldn’t one have to see both sides of the whole thing for a decent visual inspection?

If it has a cut, or tear… it would be too easy to miss… just by going on the part we can see in the pic…

PP guessing only, not a mechanic…

Best regards,

-a-

9 hours ago, Cruiser73 said:

From the picture I’d re-use them, but it’s ultimately up to your maintainer.

Clarence