1983 M20J with KAP150 - electric trim switch part#?

Adi

Hey folks,

I'm trying to find out the part number of the electric trim switch in my 1983 M20J. 

Sorry for the potato quality photo (it's a still from a video), but it's the rightmost switch in the attached photo. 

I am not sure if the switch is stock or it's part of the autopilot system - any information appreciated.

Higher level, lately my electric trim has been acting up, it would intermittently stop working but start working again after resetting this switch. An autopilot shop has suggested the switch itself as a likely culprit.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.51.03 PM.png

55 minutes ago, Adi said:

Hey folks,

I'm trying to find out the part number of the electric trim switch in my 1983 M20J. 

Sorry for the potato quality photo (it's a still from a video), but it's the rightmost switch in the attached photo. 

I am not sure if the switch is stock or it's part of the autopilot system - any information appreciated.

Higher level, lately my electric trim has been acting up, it would intermittently stop working but start working again after resetting this switch. An autopilot shop has suggested the switch itself as a likely culprit.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.51.03 PM.png

If it's the switch on the instrument panel - that's just a stock switch/circuit breaker. If it's the trim switch on the yoke that's a different story - it's a Bendix King part.

I believe it may be possible to replace the microswitch in the yoke switch if that’s what the problem is. There was an ancient thread about this and I bought one but my problem turned out to be the raised area on the thumbpiece not making proper contact with the microswitch.

I'm not entirely sure how to debug this problem without replacing the switches in turn.

Since the electric trim recovers just by cycling the CB switch, I thought it's more likely that the problem is in that switch.

If you folks have any suggestions for pinpointing the problem, let me know.

47 minutes ago, mooneyflyfast said:

I believe it may be possible to replace the microswitch in the yoke switch if that’s what the problem is. There was an ancient thread about this and I bought one but my problem turned out to be the raised area on the thumbpiece not making proper contact with the microswitch.

Buy the trim switch from @mike261