netbook mount

721lp

Are you wanting complete paperless chart solution, or just plates?

I'm using a CTL Classmate netbook/convertible tablet, but mainly for backup.  I print the approach plates I plan to use, and carry the CTL for diversions.  I still use (and love) the Airchart atlases for nav charts.  Very cost effective and easy.  I do not mount the CTL either...it just waits in the bag for bullpen duty.

Have you checked Anywhere Map?  They have great tablet offerings, and I have been a satisfied customer (with a PDA version) for 5 years.  Their PocketPlates for the tablet are high-res, geo-referenced, and can show terrain AND weather on the plate.  You can also write on the plate with your finger, if you're one of those who like to make notes on your plate. 

My PDA (Dell x51V) runs the Anywhere Map program along with Pocket Plates.  I do print out the plates for my destination, but I practice using the PDA plate all the time.  It is very doable.  See some pics I have of the PDA PocketPlates here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mooney205kd/PocketPlatesAnywhereMapMay152009?authkey=Gv1sRgCOmohpKVhILiDA&feat=directlink

At Oshkosh, the CEO said that they are updating the PDA software for the end of the year.  The Plates will be high res and I think display weather.  They will also have the option of having actual sectional maps overlaid on the Anywhere Map GPS software.  While small, it was VERY impressive running on their ATC (and cool)!!

Check 'em out.  Good company.