Looking for a hangar around KCOS (Colorado Springs)

Hello All, 

I move to Colorado Springs in April and have nearly exhausted all the typical efforts looking for a hangar and am now trying the grass roots method of seeing if anyone here might own/be in a hangar now that would be leaving around the april timeframe and I could move in. Ideally to rent long term, I don't really want to buy one right now and the main office out there selling them only rents month to month at 1K/month and that is a bit untenable for me. 

35 minutes ago, hammdo said:

Have you checked FBOs for a ‘community’ shared hanger? I had to do that here in Texas due to the long waits for a single hanger. Just a thought…

-Don

I have, most of the FBOs are also the ones selling hangars and have long wait lists. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2022 at 11:56 AM, cwaters said:

Hello All, 

I move to Colorado Springs in April and have nearly exhausted all the typical efforts looking for a hangar and am now trying the grass roots method of seeing if anyone here might own/be in a hangar now that would be leaving around the april timeframe and I could move in. Ideally to rent long term, I don't really want to buy one right now and the main office out there selling them only rents month to month at 1K/month and that is a bit untenable for me. 

I'm at KCOS and am renting from a hangar owner at 5 Star.  It's not $1000K a month but it's still ridiculous.  The idea was floated to me about getting a large hangar and splitting the cost with a few other aircraft owners.  A large hangar full Mooney's?  Hmmm...sounds interesting.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 6:17 PM, Dickard said:

I'm at KCOS and am renting from a hangar owner at 5 Star.  It's not $1000K a month but it's still ridiculous.  The idea was floated to me about getting a large hangar and splitting the cost with a few other aircraft owners.  A large hangar full Mooney's?  Hmmm...sounds interesting.

sent you a pm, I think this would be a great idea. Obviously the cost of the larger hangars might be too high to make this happen but I think it would be worth looking into. 

7 hours ago, KurtWhite said:

I was at Cutter before 5-Star took over those hangars at COS.  I'm now out at Meadow Lake.  I think you may find a hangar out there.  Its farther out of town and has lots of student traffic...but it's a good runway.   

I wouldn't mind being out there, the house I'm moving to is about half way between cos and meadow lake. I'm on the list out there that dave sends out each month but if you know anyone that wants to rent I'm going to be in the area for 4-6 years (military) so would be a solid tenant for a long time. 

On 3/10/2022 at 6:54 AM, cwaters said:

I wouldn't mind being out there, the house I'm moving to is about half way between cos and meadow lake. I'm on the list out there that dave sends out each month but if you know anyone that wants to rent I'm going to be in the area for 4-6 years (military) so would be a solid tenant for a long time. 

A guy by the name of Tom Shook runs the hangar set that they call "Executive Hangars".   It's kind of the first ones that you see when you come in the gate.  You may have already gotten on his list, but if not, he's work a shot.  

22 hours ago, KurtWhite said:

A guy by the name of Tom Shook runs the hangar set that they call "Executive Hangars".   It's kind of the first ones that you see when you come in the gate.  You may have already gotten on his list, but if not, he's work a shot.  

Yeah reached out to him about a year ago and again more recently, I don’t recall if he was taking a list or not but no dice either way. 

thanks for the vector