How I change the oil in my 201

xcrmckenna

So I know it’s been forever and a day since I’ve posted a video, well 288 days to be exact. But here is part 1 of how I change my oil.

I’ve been out of flying since July of 21’ because of a runaway 172 that hit my plane. But this is the first of some videos I’ve had to post. I will be starting a series on the crash, dealing with the insurance company and hopefully someday the F’ing repair of N201NU. Hope you enjoy part 1 and part 2 will be dropping Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

So I know it’s been forever and a day since I’ve posted a video, well 288 days to be exact. But here is part 1 of how I change my oil.

I’ve been out of flying since July of 21’ because of a runaway 172 that hit my plane. But this is the first of some videos I’ve had to post. I will be starting a series on the crash, dealing with the insurance company and hopefully someday the F’ing repair of N201NU. Hope you enjoy part 1 and part 2 will be dropping Thursday.

WTF?  Dude, I'm sorry to hear that!  I was wondering where you've been.  Hope '22 treats you better, it kind of has to now!

• Like 1

WTF?  Dude, I'm sorry to hear that!  I was wondering where you've been.  Hope '22 treats you better, it kind of has to now!

Yeah I’ve been staying away from aviation more than I should. But dealing with the insurance company has me really pissed off…

That’s sucks your bird was damaged, even worse when the Ins Co tries  to weasel out of the repairs. Never been a fan of using compressed air to drain the filter, big chance of blowing crap into the engine, would rather clean up what little oil drips out. Running the engine does make it drain better but the better benefit is getting the contaminates suspended in the oil and out of the engine

• Like 1

That’s sucks your bird was damaged, even worse when the Ins Co tries  to weasel out of the repairs. Never been a fan of using compressed air to drain the filter, big chance of blowing crap into the engine, would rather clean up what little oil drips out. Running the engine does make it drain better but the better benefit is getting the contaminates suspended in the oil and out of the engine

Yeah they are wanting me to take a low settlement or put it on my policy. It’s a mess that’s been going on since July…:( They say the blue book value of my plane is 60k. I laughed my ass off….:) And the fact it’s on someone else policy is really frustrating them, if it was on my policy they could just total the plane and it would cost them less.

The design of the oil filter keeps oil from flowing back into the engine like that. I also blow the air into it the next day when 99% of the oil has drained out of it so there really isn’t much that would go back into the engine.

Hope you’ll enjoy the crash series more than I hated making it….:)

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 6:06 PM, xcrmckenna said:

dealing with the insurance company

Was plane flown to an MSC for estimate?  Get an estimate from one if not. Also start renting a plane and submit costs as part of your claim. See if that moves financial needle. 

• Like 1