Today's flight for 2022

22 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Ikr?!!!

I’ve been trying to dethrone the incumbent owner of the Mooney of the Month slot… since about a month after she was coronated….  :)

I selected some awesome pics from MS… after I logged into the site the first time….

Some pics are just soooo Mooney Lifestyle!

In different states…

In different countries…

In different hemispheres…

Having a Mooney improves our photo-compatibility…. We just look better!  :)

I have mixed in various airframes so they’re not all Ovations…. In case I get called out for being partial to long bodies…

I need to get a Job at Mooney and work from NJ….  Keeping their web site up to date… :)

Nothing better that 3.14EB’s fancy new paint in that pic!

Sue’s pics with the rock are just Iconic!

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 12:34 AM, DCarlton said:

Over LAX Aug 25th.  

Great photo!

I learned to fly out at Hawthorne (HHR) just south of LAX.  Getting up to the flight corridor at 4,500 ft in a 150 usually took 2 boxes over HHR, but as a young pilot flying over all of those huge airplanes in a little 150 without talking to LAX tower still seems like getting away with something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 1:44 PM, Sue Bon said:

Hello from Gibraltar! I can't believe this all worked out. In Swiss German this was what's called a Mwurks - like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole through asking, begging, coercing, forcing... I got so lucky! Of the five available parking spots, EasyJet and British Airways are taking four. At the very last minute (one hour before arrival from an airport one hour away) they let me have the fifth and then said, "Well, your plane is so small. If we have to, we can just move it somewhere."

LXGB Downwind.JPG

LXGB Base.JPG

LXGB Final.JPG

LXGB Parking.JPG

Very very cool! Outstanding!

• Thanks 1

After an oil change and leak test, I decided to go for a short evening flight.   Took this photo of the 100,000 seat Bryant-Denny stadium on the campus of the Univ. of Alabama.  In this over-exposure, it looks like they were testing the fog machine...  Smooth as glass.  Nice.

stadium.jpeg

• Like 2

Climbing out of Nogales today. The airplane had sat on the ramp all day and was heat soaked. It was pretty darned hot. At 6,000 ft I’m still climbing at 1,500 FPM at 110 KIAS. In cruise at 8,500 ft and an OAT of 79ºF, I got 178 KTAS at 57% power on 12.9 GPH with the hottest cylinder at 367ºF. I was pushing 200 KTAS in the descent.

IMG_3713.jpeg

IMG_3714.jpeg

IMG_3715.jpeg

IMG_3716.jpeg

Edited by KLRDMD
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

Climbing out of Nogales today. The airplane had sat on the ramp all day and was heat soaked. It was pretty darned hot. At 6,000 ft I’m still climbing at 1,500 FPM at 110 KIAS. In cruise at 8,500 ft and an OAT of 79ºF, I got 178 KTAS at 57% power on 12.9 GPH with the hottest cylinder at 367ºF. I was pushing 200 KTAS in the descent.

IMG_3713.jpeg

IMG_3714.jpeg

IMG_3715.jpeg

IMG_3716.jpeg

What are we flying today?

:)

Best regards,

-a-