Today's flight for 2022

this is why it is called the Emerald Coast!  Destin Pass.

Lived there from 97-01. Commuted to Eglin from Santarosa Sound by the Indian Temple museum by boat from late Feb to Nov every year. Docked at Postl Point and biked to the 33FW/ACC gate for work. Happy hour at Don Carlos, I think it was. Tom D (Tradewinds’ original owner) was a great friend gone too soon. Best times of my life.

Miss it, but it’s grown too much.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flying around the county day before yesterday.  Just one of those quick flights on a lovely evening to keep things running and I got in two approaches, one of which at Massena and the missed takes me over the St Lawrence Seaway, so right on top of the Canadian border and the Thousand Islands.  Ice is melting now - the ice breakers are out opening the shipping lanes right now.  One picture shows the Sun and another picture shows the Moon both up at the same time.

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PMcClure said:

Alabama to NC coast in 2 hours. New ground speed record for me at 250 knots. Was treated like a king at Albert Ellis (KOAJ). Hope that 60+ Knot wind is gone by the time I turn home! https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1051K

That's where I tie-down when weather is too bad for N21. It's a great little field for picking up airline relatives when they fly down but don't go to ILM. I usually gas up at KACZ, just a short hop away.

I lived in / near Jax several times growing up, started high school at LeJeune High.

• Like 1

Tuesday, I picked up 54x at the avionics shop and did 3.9 shaking things out. A few squawks, but nothing major. Had to leave the plane at MMU bc WX.  Went to get her today and did 2 laps in the pattern. on the 2d landing, stall horn went off 2 seconds after the flare, and turned off at the first taxiway 1450' past the threshold. Landed at LDJ and she is back in her hangar. 

IMG_3151.jpeg

• Like 3

It's been beautiful while my plane was in annual, and of course the shop was backed up.

Wanted to get it yesterday but winds were 15G30, unfriendly for the 3200' field where the IA works. But today was nicer, although rather bumpy at 3000msl for the 20 minute flight back. So I detoured by the house and did some flightseeing. 

My house is out here to the left, and the airport is ~20nm to the right of center just past the lake.

20220410_143030.thumb.jpg.b73e595aaa62f55905adf38184965432.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A little old news, but flew to Augusta for the day. My buddy won the lottery for  Monday's practice round. They were both GA newbies. Managing the traffic and special instructions at Daniel Field was a little intense, but basically like flying an instrument approach in weather. Video is our landing back at Pell City that evening.  My friends both say it will be one of the most memorable day of their lives 

IMG_7812.jpeg

IMG_4116.jpeg

• Like 1