My first simulator training.

Mcstealth

Just finished my first FAA approved simulator instrument training. The software was XPlane11, with three screens with 360° outside and instrument view, and a fourth screen just above the yolk that was strictly instruments. 

The experience was humbling. 

The CFII was generous stating I did well for a first timer, when all I needed to prove he was lying was look at my flight track on his screen. It looked like confused snake. Pretty wiggly.  Autopilot makes a huge difference!!!

Anyway, going back for more tomorrow. :)

6 minutes ago, Mcstealth said:

Just finished my first FAA approved simulator instrument training. The software was XPlane11, with three screens with 360° outside and instrument view, and a fourth screen just above the yolk that was strictly instruments. 

The CFII was generous stating I did well for a first timer, when all I needed to prove he was lying was look at my flight track on his screen. It looked like confused snake. Pretty wiggly.  Autopilot makes a huge difference!!!

In what AC type?

3 hours ago, Mcstealth said:

My airplane went into the avionics shop in the middle of my IR training, so I did the max of ten hours in sims while it was unavailable.   Most of it was on an XPlane platform that was very good, and the rest on a redbird.  I found it to be very productive, as we could do probably 3x the approaches and procedures, with the instructor selecting a varietyof interesting approaches from all over the country.  She also threw in a bunch of random emergencies, like a bird strike right after coming out of the clouds on an approach, etc., etc.   I found it to be really excellent training, and I thought it was fun to do things like take a break in the middle and just leave the airplane burning on the runway.  ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mcstealth said:

Sims are fun.  You get to do stuff you can’t go in your airplane. 

here’s me spinning (VMC roll) a 310. Not a maneuver I hope to ever try in my actual airplane. :blink:

4ED9D284-5A49-47BF-A732-198414155C56.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1