gsxrpilot cannot receive messages.

201er

1 hour ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

His inbox is probably full. 

That could be the reason, but shouldn't it just say the mailbox is full? Cannot receive messages seems to imply he got banned from Mooneyspace or there's a glitch making him unable to receive messages?

11 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it, Mike.  I have read here that Paul knows he has been missed, but he didn’t then come check in here with us as he could have. At least not publicly.  I think Andy is spot on, personally, but that’s ok.  Maybe Paul finally saw the light, sold his 252, and bought a Cirrus, and he is now too ashamed to come on here and tell us. And who could possibly blame him!?!   :)

Jim

But hey, a parachute's a parachute, right?

I guess there's only one way to settle this question. @gsxrpilot is your inbox full, did you disable messages, did you block me, or did you buy a Cirrus?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it, Mike.  I have read here that Paul knows he has been missed, but he didn’t then come check in here with us as he could have. At least not publicly.  I think Andy is spot on, personally, but that’s ok.  Maybe Paul finally saw the light, sold his 252, and bought a Cirrus, and he is now too ashamed to come on here and tell us. And who could possibly blame him!?!   :)

Jim

Maybe, but his name is still on the registration and it flew around Centennial over the weekend.

Paul and I joined MooneySpace at about the same time, and we both started pulling away about the same time.  For me, I kind of got burned out by reading the exact same conversations that recur every 3-6 months.  Not sure about him, but it probably occupied a lot of his time.

I was going to text him, but decided to respect his privacy.

• Like 5

On 11/23/2021 at 9:47 PM, Andy95W said:

Paul and I joined MooneySpace at about the same time, and we both started pulling away about the same time.  For me, I kind of got burned out by reading the exact same conversations that recur every 3-6 months.  Not sure about him, but it probably occupied a lot of his time.

That's a problem inherent in any forum, I think, internet or not.   Effective solutions seem to be extremely rare, so I've just accepted it to be the nature of the beast.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:54 PM, ZuluZulu said:

He's been a little more active on BeechTalk.  If you miss the Rocket, you can find him there.  Since he didn't hide his real name here and uses the same name there, I hope he doesn't think I'm speaking out of school.

To be fair beech talk is a pretty good group

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 10:47 PM, Andy95W said:

For me, I kind of got burned out by reading the exact same conversations that recur every 3-6 months.

This happened to me on Camaro5.com. I was very active, did a lot of mods, documented everything- then posts repeated the exact same questions. After being very active for 6 years, I stopped visiting (since the mods didn't like us saying 'use search'). Got a Mooney and now,  I'm here. I use the search here a lot as there are many years of great knowledge. With me owning a '66, my first thought is 'it's been discussed before'. I can see how (and why) members who've been here a while give it a break or not come back for a while.

It happens...

-Don

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I think Paul’s email is still attached to his MS account…

Try to send him a DM here to see if he responds…

Or find him at the other Mooney locations…

MS has lost contact with a few formation flyers over the last few years…

not sure exactly why… or if Paul has left for any specific reason…

But…

The formators are a great resource… and Paul is missed here every day…

If for some reason you are unable to find a formator… start at the Mooneycaravan.com site…

The map of home dromes is an excellent resource…

PP thoughts only…

Best regards,

-a-