Fuel pump replacement

I’m confused with the core exchange system.

Looking to exchange the Dukes 4140-00-19A but AeroMotors says $450 for exchange and Weldon is $888 +400 for core. What does that mean? You pay $1288 and get $400 back? Or you get $888 back? If so, wouldn’t the Dukes be a better deal at only $450? Or am I reading this wrong? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$1288 and get 400 back when you return your old one. Make sure you can send a Dukes in though!

I would just send your unit to Aeromotors for their rebuild though. That's what I did, even though I had a Weldon from my salvage plane. They do great work.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does anyone even have that Dukes pump on stock? That wasn't available when I had to replace mine earlier this year. I ended up putting in a new CJ Aviation pump. I could have sent mine off for a rebuild but this was a faster way to get the plane back in the air and it is a new instead of rebuilt pump. 

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/cjaviation-newex.php

Does anyone even have that Dukes pump on stock? That wasn't available when I had to replace mine earlier this year. I ended up putting in a new CJ Aviation pump. I could have sent mine off for a rebuild but this was a faster way to get the plane back in the air and it is a new instead of rebuilt pump. 
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/cjaviation-newex.php

They were very quick, took 10 days total including shipping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2021 at 7:29 PM, 67 m20F chump said:

Aeromotors, LLC

304 E. Murray Street

Browntown, WI 53522

Phone: (608)-966-3141

Fax: (608)-966-3143

Email: aeromotorsllc@gmail.com

I used this guy on my B55 fuel pumps and thought he did good work for reasonable prices.  

I just had my Weldon boost pump overhauled by AeroMotors,. $450 and it only took 9 days to receive it back from when they received it. Excellent service.