Squat switch location

8 hours ago, harrold philippi said:

Does anybody have an idea where to find the squat switch on a M 20 C

Also, don’t be surprised if there isn’t one.  There’s only a couple years where they used squat switches.  What year is your C?

Thank you for the picture I have inspected the landing gear nose and mains and it does not appear that I have a switch in those locations. I was reading that some of the c models had the squat switch under the belly pan. I am going to look behind the airspeed indicator before I remove the entire belly. I will post the results later today.  

1 hour ago, harrold philippi said:

Thank you for the picture I have inspected the landing gear nose and mains and it does not appear that I have a switch in those locations. I was reading that some of the c models had the squat switch under the belly pan. I am going to look behind the airspeed indicator before I remove the entire belly. I will post the results later today.  

If you have an air switch it may not be right at the airspeed indicator.   It can be anywhere in the pitot line under the panel.   Looks like this:

Damage to the landing gear airspeed safety switch? - General Mooney Talk -  Mooneyspace.com - A community for Mooney aircraft owners and enthusiasts

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EricJ said:

If you have an air switch it may not be right at the airspeed indicator.   It can be anywhere in the pitot line under the panel.   Looks like this:

Damage to the landing gear airspeed safety switch? - General Mooney Talk -  Mooneyspace.com - A community for Mooney aircraft owners and enthusiasts

In my 69F that is what it looked like.  Behind the instrument panel.  You must have airspeed to raise the gear. It takes very little air pressure to make it happen. 

4 hours ago, harrold philippi said:

Might be confusion. The switch in the belly is the gear limit switch, not the squat switch. The squat switch detects if there is weight on the gear.

-Robert

Also it’s an unsquat switch. 

Unless you fly in really cold climates and it becomes a permanent unsquat switch. When I based in Buffalo, we had a few winters where we stayed below freezing for an entire month. That resulted in the donuts never expanding enough to make contact with the switch. I ended up installing the override switch found in later Mooney’s.

6e9b542ad28d5a40b47e241ad81e08d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, harrold philippi said:

I think this the old style switch

airspeed switch.jpeg

So with a ‘69C and having looked at the gear closely, you don’t have a squat switch.  However, as clarence said, you don’t have an airspeed safety switch (ass for short) in that picture.  It should be a big brass colored thing with pitot lines attached to it.  You’ve very likely got one somewhere behind your panel!

Also, do you have a gear problem you’re trying to resolve?  Describe what happens and there’s a good chance we can point you in the right direction.

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

Unless you fly in really cold climates and it becomes a permanent unsquat switch. When I based in Buffalo, we had a few winters where we stayed below freezing for an entire month. That resulted in the donuts never expanding enough to make contact with the switch. I ended up installing the override switch found in later Mooney’s.

6e9b542ad28d5a40b47e241ad81e08d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see you also have the same voice annunicator I have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harrold philippi said:

For anyone who has a gear problem this is a picture of my pressure switch.2100015999_dukespressureswitch.thumb.jpeg.38ced7415ab8aba33d62ec42333b76a3.jpeg

Nice!  50+ years isn’t bad.  You sure that’s the problem?  The limit switches in the belly are another common issue when they are this old…