1967 Mooney M20F Panel upgrade

Hi Guys,Question I have a 67F and I a would like to put a later model panel on my plane I am going glass panel and need more panel space to fit my iPads. below are images of my existing panel which is more circular the brown panel,image number 2 is the panel that I would like to put on my 67F it’s more square on the top so again is this possible or would I need to modify the airframe or wind shield to add a later model panel to my plane

I also have the 201 conversion windshield.

thanks 

Jesse 

image 1 my pane

6F69E72F-B8AC-4607-8484-5AC3B9C9FD97.jpeg

32B6EF24-A7DF-4EB6-B765-7D9AC2D193E1.thumb.jpeg.af75c529c137a3a9bd80e3eb8d0aae3d.jpeg

Edited by Jesse20

8 minutes ago, Jesse20 said:

Hi Guys,Question I have a 67F and I a would like to put a later model panel on my plane I am going glass panel and need more panel space to fit my iPads. below are images of my existing panel which is more circular the brown panel,image number 2 is the panel that I would like to put on my 67F it’s more square on the top so again is this possible or would I need to modify the airframe or wind shield to add a later model panel to my plane

I also have the 201 conversion windshield.

thanks 

Jesse 

image 1 my pane

6F69E72F-B8AC-4607-8484-5AC3B9C9FD97.jpeg

32B6EF24-A7DF-4EB6-B765-7D9AC2D193E1.thumb.jpeg.af75c529c137a3a9bd80e3eb8d0aae3d.jpeg

Would appreciate the details if you figure it out.  I have a '67F too.  I'm mostly satisfied with my avionics but would like to replace the sheetmetal and improve the layout.  I've seen some conversions that don't look that well executed and some that look great.    

There are STC kits out there.  When I bought M20F, it had one installed from Southwest Texas Aviation, https://www.swta.net.  I upgraded my avionics and had a new front panel cut.  Attached is a current picture of my setup.  My picture cut off the right side of the panel of which are circuit breakers.

IMG_0944.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Jesse20 said:

Yes guardian avionics sells a kit for iPads it’s that you are able to see all that information 

C49CA996-597C-4A5F-9527-3D166F0E3C35.jpeg

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can use an IPad for a required instrument in a certified aircraft. 

Mark 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, markgrue said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can use an IPad for a required instrument in a certified aircraft. 

Mark 

Either the aircraft is certified for IFR or it isn’t. An iPad can be used as an aid it situational awareness but not as a primary instrument. To my surprise, the DPE in my area allows students to use geo referenced approach plates on an an iPad for check rides.

iPads are great, but you can't use one as a primary instrument in a certificated aircraft.  Use an iPad as an EFB and moving map to display route, weather, and ADS-B information.

Also, keep in mind that even the brightest iPad (the mini) is nowhere near as bright as instruments designed to be panel-mounted. If the sun is shining directly on your iPad it may be almost impossible to see.

Otherwise, I agree with JohnZ.