1999 Mooney Ovation 3

dkane1

The time has come for me to sell my Ovation N21625.  I no longer have a business use for this amazing Mooney.  I purchased this plane from Henry Weber the Mooney dealer in Lancaster, PA in 2005.  Indy Air Sales is helping me with the sale.  They are located on my field KAID (Anderson, IN). My guess is they will have it posted to their web site tomorrow.  Useful load 964 lbs.  Dennis
image.thumb.jpeg.0131149b6db56ced403177353ae09cd2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4d574cba3d2659bea20e322176a24e68.jpegimage.thumb.png.ffd8cd448209b07e47dc7b6f37e70662.pngimage.thumb.png.b79023c1e3f2579dbe74ae13d8c52966.pngimage.thumb.png.cf8d777abe0992c3eb90e021928b5f1b.pngimage.thumb.png.864ce871cf95968cbef7e6ca84db56a0.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, V1VRV2 said:

I don't think this is priced correctly. Sellers seem to be giving these away lately. Compare it to an equally equipped bonanza. These planes are bargains at these prices! Selling at 35% discounts to a Bonanza. 

Two posts up, on November 26, a sale was pending. 

The website also shows it as a pending sale: https://indyairsales.com/current-inventory/aircraft/1999 Mooney Ovation with 310 HP Upgrade and G3X - N21625/

So after selling my previous Ovation, I came to the conclusion that I missed this airplane more than anything...so much that I can't live without a Mooney, so, I closed on this aircraft earlier this morning.

Back around Thanksgiving, I flew out to Indiana to look at the airplane, and was fortunate enough to have Brian Kendrick fly up from Texas to meet me for the PPI.  After coming up with a list of critical and non-critical items, I decided to purchase the airplane.  My plan is to make some improvements and changes to the airplane that I made on my previous Ovation (N2145X) to make it just as good - if not better - than its predecessor.

I'm excited about the acquisition, and thank previous owner Dennis @dkane1 for a smooth transaction.  It feels wonderful to be back in the "official" ranks of ownership yet again.

Steve

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, StevenL757 said:

So after selling my previous Ovation, I came to the conclusion that I missed this airplane more than anything...so much that I can't live without a Mooney, so, I closed on this aircraft earlier this morning.

Back around Thanksgiving, I flew out to Indiana to look at the airplane, and was fortunate enough to fly have Brian Kendrick fly up from Texas to meet me for the PPI.  After coming up with a list of critical and non-critical items, I decided to purchase the airplane.  My plan is to make some improvements and changes to the airplane that I made on my previous Ovation (N2145X) to make it just as good - if not better - than its predecessor.

I'm excited about the acquisition, and thank previous owner Dennis @dkane1 for a smooth transaction.  It feels wonderful to be back in the "official" ranks of ownership yet again.

Steve

Congratulations!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Back around Thanksgiving, I flew out to Indiana to look at the airplane, and was fortunate enough to fly have Brian Kendrick fly up from Texas to meet me for the PPI.  After coming up with a list of critical and non-critical items, I decided to purchase the airplane.  My plan is to make some improvements and changes to the airplane that I made on my previous Ovation (N2145X) to make it just as good - if not better - than its predecessor.

Steve

Been there done that!

Hard to live without a Mooney in the stable!

• Like 2

It really is.  This past six months has been pure (expletive).  Flying other stuff is wonderful, but it’s really hard to beat the best single-engine, IFR-capable, long-range platform there is out there.  These things are really hard to beat.  To quote @carusoam Anthony…

GO “O”!!!

:-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2021 at 2:42 PM, StevenL757 said:

Steve

Hi Steve - good decision.  Hope it works out well for you.  Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2021 at 12:48 PM, V1VRV2 said:

I don't think this is priced correctly. Sellers seem to be giving these away lately. Compare it to an equally equipped bonanza. These planes are bargains at these prices! Selling at 35% discounts to a Bonanza. 

Its 35% less of a plane than a Bonanza , The market bears true value..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alan Fox said:

Its 35% less of a plane than a Bonanza , The market bears true value..

Comparable to the f33 or v35, the mooney is slightly faster. On the same fuel it'll just go slightly further. With long range tanks the mooney has 130 gallons. The bo is 114. Mooney has the speed, range and CG. Bo has the off airport capability, the Useful load, and when it comes down to fun flying, the bo has the controls. One isn't better than the other. Ones just better at certain aspects than the other. At the end of the day, the bo is what more people are looking for. However, only the mooney can beFIKI turbo with the long range tanks. The only bo thats 35% more plane than the long bodies are 36 models. And thats because they're literally a different class aircraft.

• Like 1