(South Florida) Hamburger run anyone? Looking to fly a Mooney

eMahle

Hi all,

I've been looking around but decided to post here. I've been looking at getting back into flying and perhaps picking up a plane. I've been debating my mission and I'm researching all of the costs, etc... of aircraft ownership. I got exposed to some of it across flying clubs, but I moved out of the US for almost a year and now that I'm back, I am looking to get back into it aiming for 100hrs/year. So ownership or a partnership seems like a feasible way to go for me.

Long story short, I hear great stories about Mooneys when it comes to maintenance (compared to Bonanzas, etc), and the incredible efficiency, but I was wondering if there'd be anyone around the South Florida area that'd be willing to take me up in their Mooney so I could take a look (I'm in the KFXE/KPMP/KHWO area)

I suppose I should say, I've been looking primarily at the M20J, based on the research so far between all the models.

Edited by eMahle

Hi Just by chance just brought my Mooney over from the UK. Its based at PMP for the winter and maybe for the whole year.

Presently its at FXE getting an oil change and a few snags fixed but should be back with me next week.

So if you want to buy me some gas lets fly. Its an Acclaim 2007 with Garmin 1000.

8 hours ago, MKB said:

Hi Just by chance just brought my Mooney over from the UK. Its based at PMP for the winter and maybe for the whole year.

Presently its at FXE getting an oil change and a few snags fixed but should be back with me next week.

So if you want to buy me some gas lets fly. Its an Acclaim 2007 with Garmin 1000.

I’m totally up for it. I can see if I can send you a message with my contact info

If it wasn't for the COVIDs I would take you up in my M20E far cry from Acclaim but closer to J?. Wouldn't mind meeting you guys at the hamburger shop as long as it's outside :)

For shops just had some more work done by Alain 786-660-3447 at KLNA (Independent AP/IA). Really growing fond of his work and knowledge while being very reasonable.